User Tag List

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

i did have a dream that my grandpa, a priest, and this kid i used to know cross dressed because i asked them to at church banquet (my mom's church) and the priest couldn't give the blessing because apparently it's against the doctrine to give the blessing in a dress if you're a priest so he delegated it to another priest
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I dreamed that someone (maybe me?) had trapped a bird that was now dead, and as I pried its feather-bare wings open to get a look at its face, I realized that it was still alive, but barely. It had spent days, maybe even a week, slowly dying of hunger and thirst, alone. Horrified, I started to try to nurse it back to health. I had only just gotten it to start drinking water before I woke up.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Senior Member Array Lunar Light's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    621 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have extremely vivid dreams that tend to take place in a fictional, fantasy setting, but lately I've been having realistic nightmares that have to do with the stress I have in my real life.

Currently putting off college, and I had a dream where I was explaining to some friends I saw what was going on with me as I was running away from my parents and the college they forced me to visit. I was talking about my anxiety and then my parents stepped in as my friends asked me what I meant.

So I told them, I don't have my "basic needs" met (implying security and peace of mind), but of course my dad steps in and was like "TINA WE DID NOT TRY SO HARD FOR YEARS TO GET YOU GOOD EDUCATION AT UCLA FOR YOU TO BE UPSET ABOUT CHICKEN TENDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and I was like FML WHY

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Last night I dreamed that for some reason, I was forced to marry one of my female friends. The worst part was that she was genuinely in love with me, and I didn't want to hurt her, so I had to act like I felt the same way... while all the while I was surreptitiously Googling "how to pretend to be a lesbian" and "how to be attracted to the same sex if you're straight".

I now have even more sympathy for all the gay people in history who have had to pretend to be straight. It must be so awful.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I had a dream last night about suffering from a disease that left one of my legs completely immobile and numb. It involved me going to the doctor's office, bitching out the doctor for being ignorant, going to ANOTHER doctor, and getting a treatment that I knew would only last a short while, until the inevitable relapse of the disease (which was incurable).

Related aside: Dream science is hilarious. My subconscious went to great lengths to throw random terminology together and rationalize it into an actual medical condition, and somehow it was only after I woke up that I realized it was bullshit.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I feel like dreams actually do have a meaning, though. You have to look at it like a piece of literature. Like if I have dreams about snakes, that stands for something.

Tonight I had a dream which could be caused by themightyfetus school thread. I dreamed about having university lecture, but it's my highschool class that was there. Professor was very nasty to one of students, we all were stunned and then one person stood up and left the room. After that everyone (one after another) left the room. It was quite realistic, the people who left first were those who would most likely stood up to the authority.

Yes I know... very dramatic in the “Dead Poets Society” way
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

A few times I've had dreams like I'm flying over the city and there are like... skyscrapers.. and I'm like I need to get home... it's a big city... I'm lost.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I dreamt I was a young girl in a pale blue dress with white ribbons trying to free a young boy locked in a wrought iron cage in a well kept Victorian home. I snuck into the the room the young boy was kept in with plans to free him. I asked him where the key was, he said that he didn't know, but he pointed at a tiny pine forest in the corner of the room, it was dusted in snow, and I so wanted to play with it. He told me that his keeper, a dour marm, ordered it to lure me over and expose me as a witch.

I've been reading Jung lately.

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

I was wandering around in my old neighborhood and encountered a large, beautiful evergreen forest with a slightly eerie and mystical vibe. I wondered how I could have lived in the area for so long without discovering that place, and started to wander inside. It didn't seem like a typical forest in the South, which are usually dense, humid and full of buzzing and chirping -- this one was sparser and quieter, more tranquil, like a forest up north. As I wandered deeper, I started getting the feeling I wasn't supposed to be there and that I was entering a place full of secrets. What actually happened next was strange but also strangely anticlimactic: I came across a giant, tattered Book of Mormon (at least 2.5 feet long and a foot across) that was hanging from the high tree branch that its pages were wrapped around. Then I noticed a couple walking their dog coming towards me. They said they'd gotten lost and asked for the way out, and I pointed the way. They looked at the huge copy of the religious text on the tree, looked puzzled, and remarked on how random and strange it was. I continued walking, encountering more copies of the Book of Mormon, some of the strewn across the forest floor, and one book with large Hebrew letters on the cover, which I assumed was also a religious text.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse