• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

V

violaine

I've had this. Especially on mornings you know you have to wake up early.

Like...you'll wake up, put something on, go to the bathroom, look in the mirror...and then realize it was just a dream. So you laugh, then wake up, then put something on, then go to the bathroom...only to realize that was a dream.

It'll happen 4/5 times before you start getting pissed. lolol good stuff.

Hah, exactly. I just want to wake up! :-D

PancakeMix

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I had a dream a few nights ago about being in a house with many secret passage ways (Like a hidden basement, and a tower). I went up the stairs in the tower, and there was a room that sort of resembled a living room/games room. There was the skeleton of one of my acquaintances that died years before, although no one seemed to notice until I pointed it out. I also precisely remember that it was always cloudy and gloomy outside. I also had the ability to fly, and I remember people trying to evacuate me from the town, which is why I would try to find the deepest place in the house where no one could find me. But then I also remember flying across the world, or something. I don't remember much, since I forgot most of it as soon as I woke up.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are two dreams from my past that I still remember quite vividly (apologies in advance for what may be a pretty long post):

The First Dream - 6th Grade
I was walking alone in a dense forest in the middle of the night. It was a full moon night, and there was fog everywhere. Every now and then, I would hear an owl hooting or a wolf howling; it frightened me, so I walked faster. Then I saw a clearing, but for some reason I decided to hide behind a large shrub that was in front of me. I saw this old sorcerer in the center of the clearing - if any of you remember Dumbledore from the first HP movie, he basically looked like that (except his face seemed less wrinkly). His right hand was raised up to the sky, from which a strong beam of white (or blue?) light was streaming down. I must have made a sound, because the sorcerer stopped and looked directly at me. The white energy was still glowing in his hand, and he immediately directed that energy towards me. I had covered my face with my left hand on instinct, and all of the energy got absorbed into that hand. I thought it would hurt, but instead the energy was warm and felt like sunshine on a nice spring day. When I looked down at my hand, I found this brown symbol that looked like the sun (with small dots around it denoting the sun's rays). I later used that power at a birthday party, in subtle ways (one of which involved adding more heat to the small apartment where the party was held).

The Second Dream - 12th Grade
I had gone to my house, but found it mostly in ruins (apparently from a raging fire). Somehow the structure still had the upper floor, so I went upstairs to where my room was and found a joker there (you know those funny little guys in a card deck, that are almost never used in card games? those jokers creep me out). Its face seemed to express a mix of sadness and horror. As I approached the joker, I realized that the house was now back to its former state (i.e. before the fire).

All of a sudden, I saw a large black panther in my room. It had the fiercest red eyes I had ever seen, along with razor-sharp claws. It pounced on me and started clawing at me. I screamed and struggled to push it off. At one point, I imagined a small puppy, and the panther's size immediately shrunk to the size of a 6-month old puppy. I kept it on the windowsill, and it jumped off on its own only to return to its normal size on the ground.

I had a strange feeling that it would try to re-enter the house through the front door, so I ran down there. The doorbell rang, and Mom went to answer it. She said, "Oh, look who's here!" with an uncharacteristically chilling voice, and I saw the panther again. I cried and screamed as I tried to close the door on the panther, who kept clawing its way through the opening.

I remember waking up in a cold sweat, and with sore arms that had some weird scratches on them. :aquiver: Still terrifies me to this day.

L

LadyLazarus

Yesterday, I had a nightmare that I was addicted to eating my own skin, I couldn't make myself stop and I ate so much I was just exposed flesh and whatnot. Then I bled to death and for some reason I was choking/drowning in my own blood.

My subconscious is a lovely thing.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night I dreamed I was traveling through China being followed by this group of fat white guys in grey business suits who wanted to either kidnap or kill me. (Normally, I would describe it as a nightmare but it doesn't seem that bad after reading the previous post.)

Then I had a mostly unrelated dream that I was in a relationship with another woman, even though I'm usually not sexually attracted to women in real life.

Doomkid

last night I dreamed I was participating in a cult, I don't remember how I got there, but at the end of the day they handed me a jar with my brain in it and I got a weird feeling of happiness...it was weird but fun

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
There was a Catholic bishop who was also a Shepard he was wearing an irish flat cap over his bishop hat. So all of a sudden sheep start running out of the pasture one of them had a huge chunk missing from its side where it had run into some sharp scrap metal. So we're trying to catch them especially that one. I'm at the edge of the field and I get a puppy and a baby lamb to stop so I pet them and tell them it'll be ok. Then I'm in the bathroom it's a public one and the paper towel holder keeps trying to roll off I put it in a place where the floor is actually flat. Which is right next to the one attached to the wall

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Love dreams. Even the nightmares are usually interesting.

One of the more memorable ones, as I still go back to it in my mind even now, was one in which I was going through a strange landscape of disjointed, but beautiful continents, all representing different biospheres. But it became quite poignant towards the end, when the last one was in a little snowy town and I had to go to a particular house.

Inside the house was my grandmother and grandather, on my fathers side, who both passed away only a few years back. They said something to me, I couldn't remember but I remember feeling happy. Then they told me to get some wood for the fire. I went outside and when I looked around I couldn't see the door to get back in the house. I ran around and around until finally I just ended up inside.

But they weren't there any more. Just my grans desk in the window and grandad's pipe cleaners.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About a year ago I dreamed that someone I'd been avoiding died and I went to their funeral. The person was Protestant, but the service was held at a Catholic church that was made of grey stone bricks and was in the middle of an urban area. I remember sitting there feeling both guilty and ashamed about how I'd pretended this person didn't exist for a while before their death, and after the service I walked outside and saw a bunch of people standing in line for some reason. I heard they were going to confession, then I saw what "confession" was: the stone brick wall of the church opened up like a set of teeth, and then someone stepped forward and docilely laid their head on the bottom row of bricks, and then the two rows clamped together and crushed their head. The body was tossed aside, the next person in line would step forward, and so on. I think I remember seeing a really long line that extended around the block.
During the second part, I was outside of myself, watching myself in a literal hell (which I don't believe in). From what I remember, it was a very simple environment - the "other me" was surrounded by this glowing hot substance that doesn't exist in real life (it wasn't quite lava, fire, or anything else).
This part is really gross:

I had a pretty good grasp of what it all meant soon after waking up sweaty and shaken.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So my mom and aunt were in town so I go over to see them, then I come home it's the next morning I have class, I over sleep so i call my mom and see if she'll take me to school, I lose my phone I find it, it's on silent right when I find it my mom's calling me. She says she'll be there in 5 minutes. I'm sitting on a patio eating hummus and guacamole. someone tells me it's a smelley shrine (smelly in a good way). I am behind the house (I was in front of the house just before) i have to get to the front, but there's bushes in the way. I'm sitting back at the front of the house, I order a pitcher of milk. the waitress comes put the milk on the table, along with 2 sippy cups. the 2 sippy cups turn into normal drinking glasses. she fills one of the glasses with what looks like chip's ahoy, and pours milk over them. I finally leave for class. the end

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last memorable dream I had featured me as Roman Legionnaire. We were surrounded in a place that had a remarkable resemblance to a park in my home town, for reasons I can’t quite remember I decided to charge first without support. Surprisingly this seemed to work in my favour, next thing I know were pushing the demoralised enemy through endless rows of Greek columns. The End.

W

WALMART

I was having sex with someone who got progressively more disgusting - and by disgusting, I mean her flesh started to rot or something...

but I was still compelled to continue having sex with her.

Ugh.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lately I've been having more dreams I can somewhat remember, but still, even though I remember I dreamt and I remember certain parts of the dream, they still make absolutely no sense to me.

I am always me in my dreams, although different versions of me. A recurring theme is that I am always somehow neccesary in my dream. Still the events that transpire in my dreams are extremely random and one minute I find myself in one situation only to have things miraculously change into something completely random and suddenly the it's like I'm dreaming an entirely different dream. Still there is a sense that the me in the dream remains the same.

In a way it's similar to how I sometimes like to daydream, except my daydreams are in order and make sense like an story.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. I was swimming in dark water, moving closer toward a little wooden dock until the water was only waist-high. When I got out, I saw that I was wearing really baggy pants with all these pockets and creases in them. I shook them out, and all these little dark grey-shelled trilobites fell out.

2. I was about to leave for a trip to Virginia and I had to take care of a bunch of weird pets first, one of which was a pet "flea" that inexplicably looked just like a mosquito. It was a super-intelligent affectionate flea/mosquito with a varied personality, though. The drive to my destination was gorgeous - all greenery and mountains and blooming flowers. I stopped at a barn to see another "pet", and I don't remember whether she belonged to me or to someone I knew. She looked like a human-horse hybrid. The body looked like a stocky, compact horse with an oversized head that seemed to be pulling her forwards, and she had distinctly human-looking features: huge blue eyes with prominent eyelids and a long delicate nose. She couldn't open her mouth; it was just an opening through which a straw-like thing was extended so she could drink liquids. She had this haunting, heavy look in her eyes, like she was suffering but was resigned to it, and had made peace with it somehow. I reached my hand forward and she let me pet her on the side of her neck.

And last week I had a dream I was walking on a beach and almost stepped on a rotting horse head, so this dream was kind of sweet in comparison.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I had a dream that I was visiting regina from once upon a time. And I went upstairs and their were two mirrors and I got mad and said "why didn't you destroy these? I got rid of the labels!" She said something I don't remember what so the mirrors were being used to spy on me and Emma. Next I'm sweeping the floor and the dirt pile is by the door and she opens the door and the dirt pile gets messed up so I begin re sweeping and I start to sweep this pile of black dirt. It turns out it's a really black cat. So I have q random toothbrush and the cat starts chewing on the bristles. And I figure it will help keep his teeth clean some what so I give him it. Then I get on her wifi because I happen to have my computer with me and been there before so I had it saved

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Warning: Violence and murder

This morning I had a weird, awful dream. It started out like a normal dream. I was sitting in my Economics class and the professor was talking about economic things. However, instead of sitting next to the exit like I usually do, I was sitting in the left front corner of the room, which is the worst place to sit if you're trying to make a quick escape. Soon, the professor stopped talking and a girl went to the front of the auditorium to give a speech. I was overwhelmed with the impression that she was evil and needed to be eliminated, so I pulled out a can of Febreze and a lighter and made a flamethrower, which produced a flame long enough to reach her and light her on fire, which made her vanish in a puff of smoke. I immediately felt a sense of calm at having eliminated the evil.

However, it didn't end there. Like in a lot of my dreams, there was a do-over. She kept going back on the stage to give her speech, and several other people vanquished her using the same method that I did. The last time that this happened, I was set to light her as well, but someone else beat me to it. However, their aim was off and they lit the projection screen behind her as well, which caught the entire auditorium on fire. We of course had to evacuate the auditorium, and this time the police came. While we were outside (it was lightly raining), a female police officer was interviewing several people about the body of the girl, which had not vanished this time. I was called over, and even though I hadn't actually done anything this time, I possessed incriminating evidence (a Febreze flamethrower) and had previously committed the crime. I managed to get through the interview, and even managed to joke around with the officer, but I was nervous and twitching. The professor, who had allowed all of this to happen, was skulking around in the background.

We were then gathered back into the auditorium, which had miraculously been fixed. The police officer who had been conducting the interviews went to the front of the auditorium and started pacing. She then stated that she knew that one of us had murdered the girl, and I was really really scared that she was going to accuse me. She then reenacted the crime, claiming that the girl had been stabbed in the back of the head with a knife and that the murderer lit her body on fire to hide the crime. I was flabbergasted that she had come to such a wrong conclusion. The police officer then claimed that she knew who had done the deed. I was once again terrified that I was going to be accused, but she once again shocked me by accusing the wrong person-a strange boy who for some reason had a knife.

I felt so guilty at this point that I was going to turn myself in but I woke up before I could do so.

*I've definitely been watching too many crime shows.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
had a dream that i decided to have a baby. i felt very peaceful and lovely about it. :unsure:

upon waking, i'm very glad that i have not made any babies. they can stay in my dreams for now :fullload:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Years a go majority of my classmates in high school got turned into lizards. And each got their own separate box and put in a storage room ten years later the students who stayed human got to pick one lizard to turn back into a human one girl who was popular managed to sneak ten of her friends into one box. So the supervisor is handing out the boxes and someone notices she has ten lizards so she runs away dropping the box and tells the lizards to leave so now there's all these lizards running around. All different types as well.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a pretty simple dream that I was walking on a beach with a bunch of dead, washed-up red herrings lying on the sand. :redherring: ...that actually looked like this fish.

Possible explanations, assuming it's not just random, meaningless garbage my subconscious vomited up:
1. I feel like I'm distracted from what's really important in life and focusing on trivial matters that I try to convince myself are important. I think it's a good thing that the red herrings in my dream are dead. The ocean could represent truth/the unknown that I'm too afraid to really dive into sometimes, instead trying to view it safely from afar. But unless I dive into the truth, I can only come to false conclusions/shallow speculations instead of catching the real live fish of wisdom.
:sartre: :fpalm:
2. I feel like I've been making hasty, unfounded assumptions about others / jumping to false conclusions too much.
3. (most obvious) I've just spent too much time on this forum, to the point where I'm dreaming about its smilies/icons.