User Tag List

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Fears expressed subconsciously?
    Maybe. Or just too much focus on fitness lately.

I think I'm going to go eat a grilled cheese sandwich.
    Likes violett, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yet another dream about heights. (Dreamt it somewhere between 6am and 7:30am, after I'd woken up once, which probably explains some of the physical-energy-related content.)

I was eating/drinking with some friends, and we were all sitting at one of those round wooden outdoor tables with a cloth umbrella in the middle. The table and each bench had a motor and a propeller at the base, that were keeping us suspended incredibly high in the air -- there were wisps of clouds below us. At one point I accidentally flipped a switch underneath my bench that turned the propeller off, and then very quickly turned it back on again, just as I was starting to fall. Everyone laughed and I breathed a sigh of relief and hoped that we'd be done soon. Later, everyone was horsing around at the table and leaning / tilting the table and benches in my direction, and I leaned back too -- not worrying too much, since it had been so easy to fix the bench the previous time.

The dream abruptly switched at this point to solid ground. I was in a friend's house, everything seemed normal, and I realized they were treating me differently. More sensitively. "Are you okay?" my friend asks. I remember a flood of information (not memories, but information, as if I'd been told about it after the fact) about how everyone leaning towards me at that propeller-table/bench setup had short-circuited my bench and sent me tumbling hundreds and hundreds of feet to the ground. "We thought you were going to die" said my friend. I looked down at myself and thought that I looked pretty normal*, but I gradually became aware of the fact that I felt very sluggish and had little to no energy. Felt about as weak as people were treating me.

The rest of the dream is more in bits and pieces -- can't remember it all. At one point, I was outside wandering through the suburbs and realized that I had no idea who my friends were, and probably didn't have a working cell phone because of the fall, so I didn't know who to call or where to go. Then I realized someone had replaced my phone and entered my contacts in. I looked through the contacts and found my fiancee's** number, called him, and asked him to pick me up. I don't think he ever did?

In the last part of my dream, I ended up at another friend's house, staying with them for the night. The friend said to me at some point that I seemed like "the real me", or "back to normal", or something like that, and I ended up having a passing moment of vulnerability with them, telling them that I WASN'T "back to normal" -- that I had near-total amnesia and didn't know what city this was, who I was, who all my friends were, who my fiancee was, etc. The friend thanked me for my honesty, and had a sort of sympathetic/pitying expression.

Some stuff happened after that but I can't remember exactly what it was. The entire dream post-fall had a helpless and vulnerable tone -- not anxious, like the pre-fall part.

Woke up feeling just as foggy and sluggish as I had in the dream -- and kind of impressed/entertained by the way that I had rationalized typical dream confusion into something related to the dream's plot (i.e. amnesia). It felt more real, and less like I was "going along for the ride", than any dream I've ever had.

*Note that in this dream I was VERY aware of how I look -- which rarely happens to me in dreams. Usually it doesn't occur to me, and I go the whole dream without knowing who I am -- just experiencing the content of the dream as an unknown narrator. Or I'll dream that I'm a totally different character. But in this dream I look like me, I dress like me, my hair is my hair, etc.
    **Note that I don't have a fiancee in real life
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

last night i dreamed i found my ice cube trays!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes EJCC liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    last night i dreamed i found my ice cube trays!
    was it because of 89ing in vent yesterday? i still don't see how it involves walruses and icecube trays, i figured it was oral and boob sex (does boob sex even exist?)
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    was it because of 89ing in vent yesterday? i still don't see how it involves walruses and icecube trays, i figured it was oral and boob sex (does boob sex even exist?)
    it was not related to vent as far as i can tell. no walruses were consciously involved. i think it's because i know i bought some ice cube trays and now that i've moved i can't find them and could use them.

boob sex is a total thing.

MBTI
    yupp

it was not related to vent as far as i can tell. no walruses were consciously involved. i think it's because i know i bought some ice cube trays and now that i've moved i can't find them and could use them.

boob sex is a total thing.
    explain it to me, please but perhaps in a pm or um the sex forum. in detail with diagrams

then maybe its only half 89 in your dream
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

explain it to me, please but perhaps in a pm or um the sex forum. in detail with diagrams

then maybe its only half 89 in your dream
    you've got mail complete with urban dictionary link and a diagram made in typed characters from my keyboard.

half 89 in my dream? what does this mean?

MBTI
    yupp

you've got mail complete with urban dictionary link and a diagram made in typed characters from my keyboard.

half 89 in my dream? what does this mean?
    half 89 means half of 89 i'm thinking the ice cube trays are the 8 but they could be the 9 i could also see the walrus being the 8 since it's really fat and 8 is a fat number. so really i think it's 88ing and not 89ing.

edit: ice cube trays are 9 because 9s are usually chill externally because they want to keep the peace
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

half 89 means half of 89 i'm thinking the ice cube trays are the 8 but they could be the 9 i could also see the walrus being the 8 since it's really fat and 8 is a fat number. so really i think it's 88ing and not 89ing.

edit: ice cube trays are 9 because 9s are usually chill externally because they want to keep the peace
    ah yes.

totally agree, walrus is kinda like an 89 since they're fat and chill.

ice cube trays are 99 all the way.

MBTI
    yupp

ah yes.

totally agree, walrus is kinda like an 89 since they're fat and chill.

ice cube trays are 99 all the way.
    no no no no no no no no non no walrus=8 icecube tray=9

they are not double digits this is why there's so many house fires is because people keep trying to make things double digits that aren't
    by @magpie