User Tag List

Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    A society with that sort of psychological intervention style. It would be like Prozac Nation x1000. Super creepy.
    oh yeah, well it was because school children noticed i backed up weird
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENTJ

I visualized through technical drawings, a space capable VTOL aircraft, which the details made clear sense.
    However, after awakening with huge excitement the clarity escaped me. I'm presently modeling in rc scale as this is an avid hobby I enjoy.

I forgot
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Last night I dreamed that someone found a little pink stuffed lion that I lost in a sewing store when I was a kid, and which left me devastated. Absurdly improbable that anyone should find it and return it to me over twenty years later, but it was a nice dream.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I ended up in a small room with 3 or 4 other people. I knew we were all here to be tortured. There were two big, dirty looking guards with knives and guns at the door so we couldn't escape. I had a supernatural understanding that they were going to send in a different person to torture us, right after another until we were all dead.
    The first man was grotesque and fat. I could see dirt mixed with sweat all over his skin and clothes. He pulled out a huge box and took out a pot of boiling hot water. He took each person and poured the boiling water over them- cries and screaming filled the small room. I told myself to just take it and not scream, to be strong. He then turned to me, pot of water in hand, and tossed the water at me. He missed. Confused, I asked him if he wanted to try again. I suppose I thought if I offered myself up to torture then it wouldn't be as satisfying for him. Well I was because he shook his head and exited the room.
    Next, this woman came in with a massive briefcase, opened it, grabbed one of the girls in the room and forced her to feel what was in the briefcase. This girls starts to scream as she begins pulling out bloody arms stumps and a head. I felt the panic well up in my chest as I knew it was about to get much worse. I wanted to cry, to run out and save myself but the situation felt so hopeless. I started praying in my mind and admitting that I could not handle what I knew was to come.
    The woman points at two of the girls in the room and demands one of them to saw the others head off. They both started crying. This woman thrusts the saw into the hands of one of the girls and exclaims that if she does not cut her head off then everyone in the room was going to get sliced open alive.
    There was no hope. I cried inside as I felt for both girls. Once again I started praying that the girl who was about to get cut into would either get out unscathed or that she would straight up pass out and die before she ever had to feel the pain of the saw against her neck. I had my eyes on this girl going under as her friend took the saw and placed it to her neck. As soon as her friend moved the saw to begin cutting, I saw her eyes shut and all life leave her. One second later the saw began working its way through her vacant bodies neck. Too realistic. Blood everywhere. Screaming. Agony.
    This woman then decided to cut off the tongue of the young lady who just sawed her friends head off because she was crying and screaming the whole time. My psych could not handle everything anymore and I burst into a hyperventilating mess and was woken from my dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Senior Member Array

I was driving my brother and sister around town in the car and I was supposed to take them to the department store or do something fun with them. I was a bitchy driver and I kept trying to stop at places where I could be alone and get away from them.
    I parked in this forest and I rode this speeder-bike or something through the woods like in Star Wars, and they chased me.
    In the end I felt terrible because I'd been such a whiny douche to them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't remember everything about my dream, but I do remember meeting this woman at her house, out in the middle of nowhere -- and the entire contents of her head disappeared -- leaving behind an eyeless, brainless head attached to a body. Her brain etc abruptly returns to her body and she's back, still alive, and invigorated. She starts explaining to me what had just happened, and as she does, it happens to me too. My brain and eyes and I think also my teeth(?) are suspended so high up in the air that they are practically on the edge of Earth's atmosphere, staring up at the stars. Which leaves me terrified for all the obvious reasons, as well as because I'm afraid of heights and of falling backwards. I return to my body a few seconds later, and the woman explains that she has never had any control of when she will "blink out" but that over time she has had control over what she can do in that midair span (e.g. flying around). I blink out again and start trying to figure out how to fly -- which is simultaneously terrifying and energizing. (It was exactly as cartoonish as it sounds, lol. A disembodied brain, teeth, and set of eyes flying around thousands of feet in the air.) When I return to my body next, I get angry with the woman for apparently giving me this condition. I had never heard of it before then, I watch her do it once, and now I'm stuck with this for the rest of my life? What if I'm in the middle of something dangerous or important and then blink out? The woman tells me that I'll need someone to protect me. Later in the dream someone does, and I can't rembrer who, but I remember being relieved and resentful.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Blatant personality psychology dream! I think the first one I've had.

Can't remember as many details because I'm not writing this immediately after, like last time. General gist is that I have to fight different parts of my psyche, with each part being a "final boss" in its own world -- like in a video game. They were archetype-ish but not exactly; battled "the woman" first, then entered "the man"'s realm and knew that the third choice would be "the child" (which I dreaded and knew would be both the scariest and most ruthless) -- after that I think were various other symbols and types of people. The "world map" (as in a video game) was incredibly beautiful and geometric. A bit like the Enneagram.

In the "woman" section, I think there was a roller coaster or a plane or something else fast-moving and involving heights. It scared me a lot but came and went. Wasn't a major focal point of the dream in terms of plot.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My dream last night was disturbing, but I didn't wake up feeling particularly distured. It as if it I somehow knew it was just a dream.

Usually I don't remember any of my dreams. It feels like I go to sleep and wake up one second later.

But yesterday I had several dreams that I sort of remember.

First one began with me hanging out with my family. I had a terrible feeling that something was going to go awful, so I made everyone go down to the basement and we starting hanging out down there. Then, a woman with long, black hair began shooting through the windows of the basement (which were for some reason very large) and ended up slaughtering my entire family. For whatever reason, she was unable to shoot me.

Dream two involved me hanging out with a friend that I haven't seen or spoken to in years. We were at an amusement park or something and I was having a difficult time actually getting on the ride due to some sort of machine that wasn't working. Then somehow we were able to morph into animals a la Animorphs and we had to keep running away from something. I don't remember exactly what happened, though.

I wish I could fly irl.

@ayoitsStepho - Wow, that is an insanely detailed dream.