User Tag List

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Last Memorable Dream You Had?

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I keep a pretty consistent dream blog on the forum but I haven't posted this one yet, from the other day.

Was on some crappy regional jet. Traveling over some 3rd World Country that doesn't actually exist. Everyone there was into metal music, but didn't resemble your typical metalhead. Wide variety in the population. No one had shoes but they had stages and amps and stereos.

Apparently in this dream-reality, Arnold Schwarznegger had fallen out of favor with the U.S.A. well before the trip I was flying on. He was desperately trying to salvage his dwindling fame, and set up a presidential campaign in this bizarre-wasteland country. He'd boarded the plane, unexpectedly, at a fuel stop. The pilot was a big fan, so he allowed it. Schwarznegger was nervous flying, & took with him a glass cabinet filled with stupid model cars/boat figurines for comfort. Other passengers would ask if he'd assembled them himself, & he'd just get aggravated and call people names, tell them they were pathetic. He worked out a plan with the pilot, to fly low, just above some stage where a huge music festival was being set up. He intended to parachute out of the rear hatch of the plane, onto the stage, action-movie style, to build rapport with the people.

The plane descended, and he prepped himself for the jump. I was a seat or so forward of him, just watching. We were instructed to stay strapped into our seats by the special crossover belts. The hatch opened, & A.S. was unprepared for the pressure change, stumbled, was getting sucked out of the aircraft.. without his parachute. His weird little cabinet tumbled out of the plane & hurdled toward the earth. He struggled to attach his parachute properly, and hold onto the handles on the wall simultaneously.He managed to tangle himself right at the exit, ultimately dangling. His body's position combined with the open door created a ton of excessive drag, and the plane started to rapidly ascend/descend, as the pilot tried to control the craft. I and another passenger got out of our seats and untangled the straps, to free Mr. Action Movie Star. He made his lame little "jump" at that point- though the plane was flying so low at that point he didn't even need a parachute.

Trees tore away some of the flesh of the outer fuselage, exposing the seats in the back rows.

People on the ground were angry, and were hurling rocks and somehow slinging hot tar up toward the plane, and chasing their would-be-president.
    A few people managed to get onto the plane itself, grabbing hanging pieces and climbing aboard.
    I was still trying to return to my seat/strap in. An intruder was trying to take my seat at that point, and I had to fight him out of it, as the plane began to ascend once more, and not being strapped in would prove deadly. I managed to get back into my seat as this blast of high wind hit me, and I woke up as I fumbled with the intricate seatbelt.

That's the most ridiculous dream I've had so far. No idea why I dreamed about Arnold Schwarznegger. I neither like nor dislike the actor, haven't watched any of his films in ages. Did have a discussion w/someone recently about how he might be a sociopath, though, and talked about watching crappy 80s action films for fun. This dream occurred a couple nights ago after I'd slept quite awhile longer than usual due to a migraine. Like 16hrs. I figure that was a factor.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Not gunna lie: it was an orgy.

I don't seem to remember my dreams that often anymore.

In fact, I don't even know if I dream all that often anymore.

Highlander's response was ambiguous on the matter, but...

We could be 3/3 on INTJ memorable dreams...

Can anyone say inferior Se? :P

Or is it just males?
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't seem to remember my dreams that often anymore.

In fact, I don't even know if I dream all that often anymore.
    It's the first thing. You're dreaming, you're just not remembering.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    It's the first thing. You're dreaming, you're just not remembering.
    Yeah, but I feel like I used to remember them more.

It's pretty rare for me to remember what I've dreamt about anymore these days.

When I was younger, I felt I more easily could recall how they went.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i took a fast wide turn in my car, and hurt a horse's foot that was pulling a carriage on the road.

i didn't even notice the horse or carriage until after i got pulled over and the police man pointed out to me what i had done.

i felt really bad, and he seemed like he was going to let me off. then i woke up.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, but I feel like I used to remember them more.

It's pretty rare for me to remember what I've dreamt about anymore these days.

When I was younger, I felt I more easily could recall how they went.
    For better dream recall there are many little things you can do that go a long way. Like, upon waking, try to keep as still as possible while closing your eyes. Keep a notepad next to your bed and jot down a couple notes about any dream sequences you had, you don't have to go into great detail.

Things like that help a lot.

Do you wake up naturally, or with an alarm usually? Alarms are to be avoided..

LadyLazarus

Sadly, I haven't been able to remember my dreams in years, all I remember is black and then waking up.
    I do however, recall my nightmares pretty well immediately after.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Sadly, I haven't been able to remember my dreams in years, all I remember is black and then waking up.
    That's so depressing.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    That's so depressing.
    At least I have my nightmares to keep me company.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    At least I have my nightmares to keep me company.
    That's true.