User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Savior complex

Quote Originally Posted by Minako-bot View Post
    I don't understand this complex. I would only help the people very closest to me, and only if they are going to help themselves. Otherwise, it's like enabling them to continue the bad habits that get them in trouble in the first place. You can't save someone from themself.
    This is what makes sense to me. I've never been in a fight before. I haven't started one and nobody has ever tried to start one with me. I always do exactly what I need to do to make sure things get settled. I would defend myself or an innocent person to whatever extent was required, if we were under physical attack, killing the aggressors if I had to. I've never been in a situation like that, and if people are just talking shit, then they're just idiots who you can ignore. I don't feel responsible for other people's emotions whatsoever. I can offer advice and wisdom if they want it, but I am not going to "take care of them". The best thing I can do for a person is help them become independent.

There's a rational explanation from a man who's never picked a fight or ran from one, but who always uses reason, says what needs to be said, and does what needs to be done.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I got it but I'm learning to choose those I help more wisely.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    This is what makes sense to me. I've never been in a fight before. I haven't started one and nobody has ever tried to start one with me. I always do exactly what I need to do to make sure things get settled. I would defend myself or an innocent person to whatever extent was required, if we were under physical attack, killing the aggressors if I had to. I've never been in a situation like that, and if people are just talking shit, then they're just idiots who you can ignore. I don't feel responsible for other people's emotions whatsoever. I can offer advice and wisdom if they want it, but I am not going to "take care of them". The best thing I can do for a person is help them become independent.

There's a rational explanation from a man who's never picked a fight or ran from one, but who always uses reason, says what needs to be said, and does what needs to be done.
    Agree completely.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness