12 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Enneagram as JCF

I believe there are many overlaps between enneagram and the Jungian Cognitive Functions. Perhaps others could note the correlations and we could begin a discussion about how they can be seen as transformations of each other.

1 sounds very IJ, Ti, or perhaps Fi
    2 sounds ery exfj or perhaps ixfp socionics Fe function
    3 perhaps exxp, Se, perhaps exfx or esxx
    4 very ixfx especially ixfp or xnxp or perhaps Ni and Fi
    5 very ixtx, Te as a non primary but conscious function

I'm sure others could elaborate much more perhaps including type relationships as well

This also begs certain questions. If one can change enneatype between points of growth and points of .. negativity perhaps types can be cycled as well under different stressors
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

the Enneagram/ JCF correlation according to Riso & Hudson is as such:
    1 - Te
    2 - Fe
    3 - none(!??!)
    4 - Ni
    5 - Ti
    6 - Fi
    7 - Se
    8 - Ne
    9 - Si

I agree with most of these except for 4/6, IMO the JCF should be switched for those two types. And also WTF is with 3 not having a correlating JCF? That's just weak IMO.

Also, if 4 does seem Ni & Fi-ish (and I agree), I wonder why there aren't more ISFP 4s? Perhaps it's because ISFPs are just plain underrepresented?
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There is one school of thought that says you can look at the two as overlapping circles, with common traits in the overlapping center. The more overlapping they are, the easier it is as the person is not torn between two different ways of being. Those in an unhealthy state are living towards the unhealthy side of their enneagram type and not functioning as their balanced MBTI type. As you move towards the balanced MBTI type (that is your natural state of being) and away from the unhealthy side of enneagram, you become more like yourself.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I'm not sure I'd agree with either of those. I do see overlaps, but I think they're a) not direct correlations like Riso & Hudson and b) don't imply positive or negative ways of being per se.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    the Enneagram/ JCF correlation according to Riso & Hudson is as such:
    1 - Te
    2 - Fe
    3 - none(!??!)
    4 - Ni
    5 - Ti
    6 - Fi
    7 - Se
    8 - Ne
    9 - Si

I agree with most of these except for 4/6, IMO the JCF should be switched for those two types. And also WTF is with 3 not having a correlating JCF? That's just weak IMO.

Also, if 4 does seem Ni & Fi-ish (and I agree), I wonder why there aren't more ISFP 4s? Perhaps it's because ISFPs are just plain underrepresented?
    8 as Ne? No way! 8 is WAY too "directive" (while Ne, or NP in the Interaction styles, is the opposite!). I would say 8 is more Te, while 1 seems like it as well. 3 would also seem like Se. 7 could also be ENP.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Not sure about this one. JCF is supposedly about cognitive preferences, while Enneagram is about the way certain neuroses affect you. Perhaps certain JCF types are more inclined to develop certain Enneagram fixations, but I would be surprised if it went any further.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

1 - Si
    2 - Fe
    3 - Ne
    4 - Ni
    5 - Ti
    6 - none
    7 - Se
    8 - Te
    9 - Fi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think Type 1 correlates pretty much with any type that ends with J. Specifically Fe or Te-dominant types.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    I agree....I also think there should be more ISFJs....I like ISFJs...

Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    8 as Ne? No way! 8 is WAY too "directive" (while Ne, or NP in the Interaction styles, is the opposite!). I would say 8 is more Te, while 1 seems like it as well. 3 would also seem like Se. 7 could also be ENP.
    Yes about 8. Sometimes 1. But you should have just said that 7 correlates with Ne. Riso's 7 description shines forth with Ne possibilities. And why no JCF correlation with 3 as someone else noted? Because he conveniently believes it to be a chameleon type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”