User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I was mainly thinking about immersion therapy and the like. Desenitization. That kind of thing. Maybe even hypnosis.
    Oh shit, no way, I'd not submit to hypnosis because it involves submission to control which wouldnt come natural to me, it would require some sort of breaking of my will which I'm not going to go in for. I've been told my stage hypnotists before that I'd be unsuitable for taking part in their act.

I dont know about desenitisation, perhaps it would work for my fear of heights or wasps, some how, although the things I'm talking about are not like that. Bodyshock/body horrors are not really something you can get desentised to because they're pretty unique or untypical, the other horrific thing has to do with wasps, maggots/pawn like things and self-harm or body related horrors but probably has something to do with the knowledge of someone else, the one who told me this dream, being disturbed and the transference or countertransference going on there.

I'm not avoidant of peoples disturbance because I've had to work with and develop a tolerance to it but the thing is that avoidance is what most people use to remain uneffected by the disturbance of others.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Just give it time, this type of mental damage will heal itself eventually. You can't rush the process.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

The recent "zombie" events (I hate that "zombie" is the most recognizable shorthand, by the way) have caused some pretty horrifying visualizations/imaginings for me. I tend to just try to distract myself or refuse the image from lingering. I don't know what else to do than try to redirect my thoughts so that those images don't have power over me.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Interesting... I've been having similar, but much more tame, experiences myself. Certain things trigger the thoughts for me... And sometimes they are unavoidable circumstances....It's not like I can just totally avoid what triggers it... So I've been trying to push it out of my mind when it pops in there. I just wish there was a way to prevent them from popping in there in the first place.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Does anyone have any sources or sites or thoughts on forgetting or suppressing horrific, possibly traumatic, visualisations?

I swear that there's two which are lurking in the back of my mind at the moment, one was "gifted" to me by someone who is extremely troubled telling me about a nightmare they had had, now I suspect that they had altered it a little to include some things which I have chronic fears and phobias of (I cant stand wasps), but it was completely horrible.

The second was/is a picture from a surrealist/body shock art exhibit, which was just this strange thing which didnt make much sense but when you read the title "female genital mutilation" it just had this mentally jarring effect and I think because my mind tried to then and has since to reconstruct or attend to aspects of the picture which would be connected with that.

To be honest you dont want to know the detail of either because it would make you spew chunks and I shit you not. So anyone got any ideas? Do you just think about something else? Advise your friends never to go to any sick ass art exhibits or to listen to traumatic dream disclosures?
    Only two? You should be thankful. These things don't even sound remotely "traumatic."

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, man its just so awful the vivid nature of my imagination and how as a consequence truly horrible shit can just appear in my mind. I'm pretty sure other people dont experience anything quite like it.
    The statement in bold is just flat out ridiculous.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Only two? You should be thankful. These things don't even sound remotely "traumatic."

The statement in bold is just flat out ridiculous.
    Such strong sentiments, I wonder if my suspiscions about you are correct.

Hate

Such strong sentiments,
    If that's how you want to interpret it, be my guest.

I wonder if my suspiscions about you are correct.
    Enlighten me.

Edit: I knew your response would be something along those lines, so predictable.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If that's how you want to interpret it, be my guest.
    How else? You did not intend that did you?

Enlighten me.
    You've something to prove. Perhaps you'll talk about it and perhaps you wont. It is a detour from the topic though and I'm not going to carry on with it. Its off topic and adds little to discussion or the forum generally.

Edit: I knew your response would be something along those lines, so predictable.
    Yet you choose to post that all the same, what about that?

Hate

lol...

Hate

This is the claim you made before on one of my threads:

Oh I'm prepared to kill. No moral qualms about it. I know how and what to do to recover from the trauma of it and how to cope with the psychological consequences.
    How can you make such a bold claim like this, to claim you could easily recover from the trauma of killing, to have "no moral qualms about it"... but then in this thread claim to be 'traumatized' from someone revealing a dream and from something from an art exhibit?? This is not congruent.

You even claimed to have all the psychological tools at your disposal to easily recover from the trauma of killing, but don't have them in this case? Again, not congruent.