User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Psychosis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Agreed.

I still think it is an interesting pattern.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    do you have psychosis
    what form?
    bipolar 2 with psychotic symptoms
    How is it being treated?
    If I can stabilize the mood I generally don't have symptoms of psychosis, though I don't mind those symptoms as much, they are kind of cool sometimes.. I especially love the dreams during psychotic nights... But anyway, mood stabilizer and lots of exercise and generally keeping myself as healthy and well rounded as possible outside of the bipolar. Paranoid symptoms tend to disappear if I can control my anxiety so I need xanax lots but also lots and lots of exercise.. And a creative outlet helps but sometimes makes the situation worse.
    Do you have a hard time in social situations?
    Not usually, it depends on the situation
    Do you feel afraid to tell people because of the stigma?
    No, there is not as much of a stigma on these things nowadays, my friends know about it and the people who are important to me.
    When you've told people, how have the generally reacted?
    Very open and loving and "what can I do?" and all that kinds of stuff.. It's the extreme moods I don't like.
    What are you symptoms (if you don't mind sharing)

I get a lot of random symptoms, the room will swim around me or I'll become really paranoid about every little thing... a little bit delusional.. basically I just get really imaginative and lost in my own world... Sometimes my senses will be really distorted like, a small pin can drop and it will sound like a boulder fell on my house. or Satan will be talking to me.. or even better, God! or one night I heard some guy rapping under water.. During complete breaks I just talk to a lot of spirits and learn a lot of stuff and feel really afraid that I might be dying. My dreams become really lucid and vivid and some of them really fun. I see lots of clear artistic images with my eyes closed (usually when sleep deprived for that one). Ummm... and then all the other symptoms that happen with the mood swings, not eating or sleeping for days, which can further the situation. Bugs crawling all over me, (tactile hallucinations). I'll just start smacking myself all over and then I generally start laughing because it's like so stereotypical crazy person.
    Is it scary when this happens, or fun? I bet the artistic images are really neat. Are you an artist? (I hope you don't mind me asking these questions... I am just very intrigued about what this must feel like)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Schizotypal

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Schizotypal
    ?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiest View Post
    ?
    Schizotypal personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by a need for social isolation, anxiety in social situations, odd behavior and thinking, and often unconventional beliefs. People with this disorder feel extreme discomfort with maintaining close relationships with people, and therefore they often don't. They frequently misinterpret situations as being strange or having unusual meaning for them. Paranormal and superstitious beliefs are not uncommon for these people. People with this disorder seek medical attention for things such as anxiety, depression, or other symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizot...ality_disorder

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Schizotypal personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by a need for social isolation, anxiety in social situations, odd behavior and thinking, and often unconventional beliefs. People with this disorder feel extreme discomfort with maintaining close relationships with people, and therefore they often don't. They frequently misinterpret situations as being strange or having unusual meaning for them. Paranormal and superstitious beliefs are not uncommon for these people. People with this disorder seek medical attention for things such as anxiety, depression, or other symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizot...ality_disorder
    Thank you for the link.

I am just curious as to what it is like to experience this sort of thing firsthand, you know?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiest View Post
    Is it scary when this happens, or fun? I bet the artistic images are really neat. Are you an artist? (I hope you don't mind me asking these questions... I am just very intrigued about what this must feel like)
    Umm, I started painting after I started seeing all the images, but I'm not too good at it... I just do it for a relief... Most of the time it's "uh, here we go again" and esp. for irritating symptoms like paranoia or bugs on my skin. The imagination gets a little nerve wrecking too because I never know what kind of things I'm going to see, but that's the most fun. The images are like.... "wow! cool image! where is this coming from? did someone else draw this and put it in my head?" The dreams and stuff are lucid and like watching these epic movies. In my biggest psychotic break, I was scared shitless, I was practically screaming at the psychiatrist when he got a hold of me. I've seen hell, I actually know what it's like in hell... It's a freezing cold mess of rapists and murderers and angry people chattering really really loudly.... The sense of eternity is uncanny, and you are constantly reminded of all the evil that you've done.... Everything wrong and immoral and evil in your nature, whether it manifested fairly innocently or not, is blown up into this really pervasive feeling of guilt and shame and hopelessness. . And I've never done acid, or any other hallucinogenics for that matter.

My hobbies are actually quite the opposite- jogging and eating really healthy and meditating and doing just about everything it takes to relieve the pain. And prescribed medications of course.

Would I change my experience? No, but would I choose to continue? Really unsure, probably not.... It's extremely uncomfortable...
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

confused 30% of the time about what is and isn't real and i know people are more confused than me. I'm not scared, but it sucks because sometimes the question of where are you? I don't know the answer sometimes I don't know the year sometimes I don't know if i'm sleeping or awake, having to deal with delusions such as people reading your mind bugs crawling on you. Its fun for a night, but try it every day of your life and it gets old fast.feeling isolated because you can't seem to reach out.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Umm, I started painting after I started seeing all the images, but I'm not too good at it... I just do it for a relief... Most of the time it's "uh, here we go again" and esp. for irritating symptoms like paranoia or bugs on my skin. The imagination gets a little nerve wrecking too because I never know what kind of things I'm going to see, but that's the most fun. The images are like.... "wow! cool image! where is this coming from? did someone else draw this and put it in my head?" The dreams and stuff are lucid and like watching these epic movies. In my biggest psychotic break, I was scared shitless, I was practically screaming at the psychiatrist when he got a hold of me. I've seen hell, I actually know what it's like in hell... It's a freezing cold mess of rapists and murderers and angry people chattering really really loudly.... The sense of eternity is uncanny, and you are constantly reminded of all the evil that you've done.... Everything wrong and immoral and evil in your nature, whether it manifested fairly innocently or not, is blown up into this really pervasive feeling of guilt and shame and hopelessness. . And I've never done acid, or any other hallucinogenics for that matter.

My hobbies are actually quite the opposite- jogging and eating really healthy and meditating and doing just about everything it takes to relieve the pain. And prescribed medications of course.

Would I change my experience? No, but would I choose to continue? Really unsure, probably not.... It's extremely uncomfortable...
    I think it is really neat that you are, kindof taking control of the situation by using the images as inspiration for your art I would love to see some of your work!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    confused 30% of the time about what is and isn't real and i know people are more confused than me. I'm not scared, but it sucks because sometimes the question of where are you? I don't know the answer sometimes I don't know the year sometimes I don't know if i'm sleeping or awake, having to deal with delusions such as people reading your mind bugs crawling on you. Its fun for a night, but try it every day of your life and it gets old fast.feeling isolated because you can't seem to reach out.
    Do you take medicine for it? Do you find the medicine makes this better, or worse?

The reason I ask, is someone I know was given Haldol, long story as to why, and states the "medicine" made them "see things" something that has not happened before, or since the administration of this drug. (which causes me to wonder whether antipsychotics are beneficial or not)