failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I don't count psychological addiction as real addiction.
    Addiction:

HTML Code:
    Addiction is the continued use of a mood altering substance or behaviour despite adverse consequences...

If something is 'psychologically' addicting it can have just as bad, or worse, consequences for its user/abuser. Besides, if something becomes 'psychologically' addicting, chanced are physiological changes are taking place somewhere, it's just that we don't understand it, or can't 'see' it.

We really understand very little about the mechanism of addiction. Wouldn't you agree?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INxP

You can as you stated, get an injection that works in depot form and administer a drug in your system for let's say two weeks. After which you come in and get another one and you're fine for two more weeks and the circus rolls on.

You can also get a depotab that you use yourself, as I previously stated. Such medication comes in capsule form. It doesn't last as long as the injection but some patients prefer using that way of delivery instead of the needle and the hassle of traveling.
    I see. Thank you.

I do, not the past tense.
    Takes the 'fun' out of nestled spoiler tags

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay this is really no bueno.

Prpl is there really no one in your life besides us, someone you trust, like someone who is physically near you that you can tell this to so that they can help you?
    I'm in florida with my parents not near anyone I trust at the moment.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    If something is 'psychologically' addicting it can have just as bad, or worse, consequences for its user/abuser. Besides, if something becomes 'psychologically' addicting, chanced are metabolic changes are taking place somewhere, it's just that we don't understand it, or can't 'see' it.
    Some people resort to self harm, such as cutting themselves to relieve angst. I don't recognize such behavior as an "addiction" either. Even though arguments can be pleaded for it to be counted as one.

We really understand very little about the mechanism of addiction. Wouldn't you agree?
    I know for a fact that we know a great deal about the mechanics of addiction, and when I talk about it I'm referring to the chemical and biological effects that it have on the nervous system.

E.g the withdrawn from the real substances that by all means should be considered narcotics can without treatment be fatal. Marijuana has no such side effects. The issue is more of a strength of character one, the "I fucked up my life because I'm addicted to pot." don't fly with me.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Some people resort to self harm, such as cutting themselves to relieve angst. I don't recognize such behavior as an "addiction" either. Even though arguments can be pleaded for it to be counted as one.
    Cutting may or may not be addictive. It depends on the person and their motivations, physiology, history, etc.

I think anything could become an addiction, if someone compulsively seeks it out and it causes harm, and they cannot stop easily.

I know for a fact that we know a great deal about the mechanics of addiction, and when I talk about it I'm referring to the chemical and biological effects that it have on the nervous system.

E.g the withdrawn from the real substances that by all means should be considered narcotics can without treatment be fatal. Marijuana has no such side effects. The issue is more of a strength of character one, the "I fucked up my life because I'm addicted to pot." don't fly with me.
    You mean we know a lot about chemical addiction? Perhaps. I am not an expert. But I have not heard much about the scientific database of psychological addiction and how it transfers to physical addiction. Have you?

I don't think a pot user would say that. They'd just light up again to escape any conscious thought of shirking responsibility. That doesn't mean that they aren't addicted to it, or that wanting to be stoned all day versus finding a job is just a voluntary mindset.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned

I don't think a pot user would say that. They'd just light up again to escape any conscious thought of shirking responsibility. That doesn't mean that they aren't addicted to it, or that wanting to be stoned all day versus finding a job is just a voluntary mindset.
    You just did.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

A pot user doesn't usually know he/she is addicted.

Being addicted does not require one to know they are addicted. In fact, it rarely works out like that.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    yupp

You just did.
    is she a pot user?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned

A pot user doesn't usually know he/she is addicted.

Being addicted does not require one to know they are addicted. In fact, it rarely works out like that.
    Addiction:

HTML Code:
    Addiction is the continued use of a mood altering substance or behaviour despite adverse consequences...
    /Discussion

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

lol. you can have adverse consequences without being aware, or consciously-minded about it.

EDIT: Going in the hot tub now. :queenie:
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com