User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Default What is your opinion on plastic surgery?

I wonder if people that do not hesitate to repeat plastic surgery procedures, for small adjustments, do have something in common?
    Are some types very vocal about their hate towards plastic surgery? is the opposite true?

MBTI
    yupp

I don't see the need for it in most cases *cough uber cough* , but if you're in a horribly disfiguring accident I can understand why you would get it a bit better. but its someone elses body so at the end of the day i have no say in what people do or don't do.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't really care. I sometimes think people erase their distinctiveness by trying to become "perfect" (like Jennifer Grey's nosejob, I thought she was way cuter and distinctive looking before) but ultimately it's not my opinion that matters, it's theirs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I really doubt that there's much of a correlation to type concerning this issue.

As far my own opinion on this issue goes, I could give less of a damn what people choose to do with their own appearance. Yes, some people screw up their faces big time and it's tragic, but it was their choice, and my thoughts on it are really not going to matter in the end. Hearing things like "why would you do that to the beautiful face you were born with it's like erasing who you were" is a little wearing and sentimental, imo.

Society treats people who are traditionally attractive better, on the whole, and though I would never do it to myself I can't find it in me to hate people for trying to gain that edge. It makes logical sense, even if it doesn't always work out perfectly.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I don't think there's anything wrong with it in the abstract. I view it in much the same way I view drinking alcohol; it's fine if you are responsible about it, but it's bad if you're an alcoholic/Michael Jackson.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

If someone wants to do it, then do it. It's that simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's up to them, really, but I agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't really care. I sometimes think people erase their distinctiveness by trying to become "perfect"
    Most people don't need it, but if it makes them feel better about themselves, why not? But most of the time I think for people who 'don't need it' but are obsessive with plastic surgery, there's that deeply-rooted lack of confidence which is going to be a problem in their lives anyway, meaning that plastic surgery isn't probably going to solve their problems.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

so should I go ahead for it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think people in Hollywood are starting to look scary. Even the surgery that is "done well". It's sad that people have to have surgery and can't just age.

I think cosmetic surgery here or there isn't a bad idea. Although then I wonder what happens when people have kids that look like them after "fixing" themselves. Should the kid get surgery to "fix" that too?

I think cosmetic boob jobs are also sad since boobs are for nursing and women are concerned about looking hawt for guys? Why not inject silicone all over the body and have lots of boobs!!!

I also think your thoughts on cosmetic surgery depend heavily on your social status and amount of disposable income.

Permabanned

im all for boob jobs.