First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^@ Litvyak
    It's not about other people, it's about YOU and your personal feelings about cosmetic surgery. Of course what other people do is their business. People sating that are the ones stating the obvious, which is zero contribution to the thread. That's not what the conversation is about. Why an individual may or may not feel comfortable with having cosmetic surgery or may not like the concept of it is a valid discussion. It is valuable for not forming feelings in a bubble, as others may have thought of things you have not thought of. Discussions like this encourage an examining of your own motivations and reasons.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Here is a thought.. what indicates beauty? From the time that we are very young children, what info is taught or shown to us that adds to our perception? The concept of beauty can not be inate. As very young children we did not differentiate that skinny was good, fat bad. Infact, I would suspect a 2 yr old might prefer the chubby comfort to there grandma's bossum and stomach, to that of a hard, boney, thin person. Beauty must be taught. And my guess, is that it is taught through human interaction, responses. Its a very interesting concept.. the development of perceived beauty...
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

OA: Are you a mod or something to decide what is and what is not a proper contribution to the thread?
    Tone it down.

Food for thought: Indigenous people have their own version of Plastic Surgery....does it make them shallow and wrong??

Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    OA: Are you a mod or something to decide what is and what is not a proper contribution to the thread?
    Tone it down.

I was merely explaining why some view it as a valid discussion, in response to your comments which implied there was nothing to discuss. It seems the reasons for the discussion have gone over your head, much as my last post did.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak
    I don't see anything new to discuss
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Food for thought: Indigenous people have their own version of Plastic Surgery....does it make them shallow and wrong??
    Good point. I think this would go back to motivation for physical alteration. Are indigenous people doing this because they feel invalid in their natural state, a perceived imperfection? Or is it more connected to cultural/religious symbolism?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think anyone would defend foot binding in this day and age.

Plastic surgery is hard to definitively pin down, though, because part of it is cultural and part of it is individual. I find it very odd when people blanketly judge others for having plastic surgery, as if looking like Joan Rivers is the same as having two different sized breasts evened out, or fixing an attention-grabbing nose or having stick-out ears pinned back. And I also think it's very easy for people who have never had those things to judge others for not accepting themselves as-is.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I just want to wear a shirt that buttons without gaping or having to buy a size too big.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

ex colleague of mine, great results of surgery,
    but her baby got all her pre op features. flat
    wide set nose, and single lid eyes. doesn't look
    like the dad, doesn't look like her now.

i think it's funny. hahahaha.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think people should do what it takes to give them peace of mind. Frankly, it's none of my business and I certainly don't hold any negative opinion of those who choose to undergo surgery.
    ^This.

Also, if someone offered me a free boob job, I'd gladly go up a cup size. But it's not something that I would ever value enough to actually spend money on.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~