User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm way too terrified of it going wrong...i can't imagine anything being as hard to deal with then having your face forever all screwed up by bad plastic surgery like someone posted...i would a million times rather be old n wrinkly then all plastic caricature looking.

not that i want it or feel like i need it anyway...just saying...so many of the famous celebrities who've had it done didn't need it either....you should youtube search plastic surgery and celebrities...the amount of them who have done it is craaazay..
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Some people might feel really insecure about their looks, if they want a little plastic surgery to feel better about themselves then who cares, just as long as they dont go over board and ruin themselves like these people :

I hear it can be an addiction.... scary. Or is it more like a disease similar anorexia??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

omfg those doctors should lose their license.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

This fear of aging thing. It's such a fucked up marketing ploy.

ThatGirl

Nah, I just worked with old people. Trust me.....it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Nah, I just worked with old people. Trust me.....it's real.
    People age. So what? Consider the underlying reality of it. People in general, fear aging and death. So, big business caters to and promotes these fears. It's the gift that keeps on giving from a revenue standpoint when in reality, aging, death and taxes are three eventualities.

Staying healthy is far preferable since it adds to maintaining your quality of life. But no matter how much you lypo suck, lift and alter, it won't stop time and gravity. So why not accept it to some degree while living a healthy lifestyle?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    There is nothing wrong with plastic surgery, but it better be done for the right reasons and people should be realistic about the reasons and the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm way too terrified of it going wrong
    +1

i get wanting to alter your body a little... i mean i have tattoos... but i think it's better if people do it because they actively want a certain look, not just because they feel insecure about their body. i also understand better in the case of extreme deviations from normal... i mean having a bigger-than-average nose is one thing, but if you have an very large, crooked nose that draws attention away from the rest of your face, i can understand wanting to change that.

like i can understand this:

better than this:

i think she looked better pre-op, but whatever floats her boat

paris hilton looked better pre-op too, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow
    I hear it can be an addiction.... scary. Or is it more like a disease similar anorexia??
    that image of pete burns is terrifying

i would guess that it would be likely to involve body dysmorophic disorder... "(psychological) somatoform disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by a perceived defect in his or her physical features" (thank you wikipedia) - with the defect shifting to different parts of the body as more and more surgery is done... like oh my nose is perfect now, but look at my undereye circles... etc... because the root cause isn't the body part itself, it's the underlying esteem issues... people just find different parts of their body to project it on because their bodies are something concrete that they can fix...

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    People age. So what? Consider the underlying reality of it. People in general, fear aging and death. So, big business caters to and promotes these fears. It's the gift that keeps on giving from a revenue standpoint when in reality, aging, death and taxes are three eventualities.

Staying healthy is far preferable since it adds to maintaining your quality of life. But no matter how much you lypo suck, lift and alter, it won't stop time and gravity. So why not accept it to some degree while living a healthy lifestyle?
    I agree that businesses prey on people who fear aging, but I disagree with accepting it. If there is something you can do, not to stop it, but slow the effects down then why not?

I do plan to live a healthy lifestyle but why ever "accept" the inevitable?

Plan for the worst and hope for the best....I'm not going down without a fight.

Edit: actually I hate that saying, more like prepare for the worst and plan for the best....

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I agree that businesses prey on people who fear aging, but I disagree with accepting it. If there is something you can do, not to stop it, but slow the effects down then why not?

I do plan to live a healthy lifestyle but why ever "accept" the inevitable?

Plan for the worst and hope for the best....I'm not going down without a fight.
    Don't know if you read my post about Michael Jackson and Heidi Montag. Also take a look at Mickey Rourke and Joan Rivers. Do you honestly want it to become a horror story addiction?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Like many people have pointed out before, plastic surgery has a lot of gray areas. For me, I have no problem with it if it's used for the correct reasons and not an attempt to fix deeper psychological issues.

For me, I'm considering surgery due for practical reasons. One of my breasts is nearly three sizes larger than the other and it creates a lot of problems and really isn't proportional to my height at all. It puts a lot of strain on my back and tends to get in the way. Am I using it for a gain in self confidence? Maybe a little, but I really would like my back to stop hurting.

In summary, I have no problem with plastic surgery as long as you don't try to make yourself resemble ET or like you super-glued salmon to your lips. There is a reasonable limit to how much you can modify your body before you provoke laughter rather than appreciative looks.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.