User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You aren't obsese enough for the lap band, and if you have a thyroid issue or could have other contributing factors, a lap band should be your last result.

I'm not sure what getting a nose job has to do with aging either.
    I will never understand how drastic weight fluctuation is seen as healthier than obesity.

And no, they want to keep me on low thyroid suppliments, enough that it works barely, and wont trigger the antibodies to kill it. Basically low thyroid....fuck that.

Also you didn't see my grandma at the age of 86, it looked like a pickle with a face.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Getting a lap band isn't going to fix your thyroid.

ThatGirl

Neither are the doctors.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I mean if it's a thyroid issue it's simply not going to fix it. You'll still have the problem.

The lap band is for people essentially who have a serious eating disorder who can't seem to control binge eating to the point of becoming morbidly obese.

A window to the soul

Lap band? Jeez, how fat are you??

ThatGirl

I disagree, that may be what it was invented for, but it could have other health benefits.

Not everything has to be used as it was intended.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Something I've always wondered... what if after getting breast implants you cant afford to renew them? Silly question I know, but I'm serious! They say that silicone *can* last up to 18 yrs, and saline 12-14.. but what would someone do if they were financially strapped, had poor credit, and couldn't find anyone to loan them money? I wonder if plastic surgeons do payment arrangements for people with bad credit.... what an efed up spot to be in....

and then, you'll have to always renew them right.. so even when your a 92 yr old purple hair with hip replacement.. you'll be scheduling an appointment to have these buggers replaced. Isn't surgery really dangerous for some elderly people? What if you develop alzheimers in your 70's, and by your 90's you forget to let anyone know you need these replaced?

Ha, I wondered, too. Though I guess if you're desperate enough, you find the money.

I certainly wouldn't mind having bigger boobs, but I don't like the look of the fake ones, or the fact you have to replace them. And I definitely don't like that they'd feel weird/hard.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I disagree, that may be what it was invented for, but it could have other health benefits.

Not everything has to be used as it was intended.
    How is shrinking your stomach going to improve your thyroid function?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    How is shrinking your stomach going to improve your thyroid function?
    You are missing the point, nothing is going to fix it. This best treats the extreme symptoms.

I am currently 160 lbs. See the Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less thread to assess the drastic nature of this.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You are missing the point, nothing is going to fix it. This best treats the extreme symptoms.

I am currently 160 lbs. See the Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less thread to assess the drastic nature of this.
    BTW, my question above wasn't to make you feel bad TG, it was to make you 'think' because the reality is, you are not morbidly obese. You're tall? So at 160 maybe you just need to lose about 20 pounds? It's doubtful you look all that fat at this point. I think there is a deeper self-image problem going on there in addition to Thyroid, if you seriously think lap band is the answer. Marm made a good point (above). I bet you already know what you need to do to lose/maintain the weight yourself over the long-term. Positive action: determination, self-discipline, and self-control are. And aiming for the best (as you stated above), whatever that entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Ha, I wondered, too. Though I guess if you're desperate enough, you find the money.

I certainly wouldn't mind having bigger boobs, but I don't like the look of the fake ones, or the fact you have to replace them. And I definitely don't like that they'd feel weird/hard.
    Breast implants do not have to be replaced.