User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think it's a black and white issue, either. I think if there's something that's bothered you for a long time and fixing that thing and that thing alone would make you feel better, or make you feel like the person you are on the inside, go for it. However, if it really is low self-esteem, and you'll never be happy (ala Heidi Montag) or some sort of deep-seated self-loathing because of childhood issues (ala the entire Jackson family), get therapy rather than surgery. You looked fine before.

What really scares me right now, though, is all the fillers and injectibles. To me, those are screwing up more faces than all the surgeries combined. The trout pout, the immovable forehead, the weird, pointy jawlines, the chipmunk cheeks. They're all making people look non-human. Yes, we'd all prefer not to age, and I understand wanting to slow the clock. But you don't look younger. You look "done." You look fake. And you lose all ability to see that you look fake, and keep going.

Having said all that, I'm doing all I can in a preventative way, to face the next half of my life with grace and dignity. I get enough sleep, take my makeup off, moisturize, stay out of the sun, get vitamins, etc. But if there was ever a point when I started to look like a wrinkly old crone, my vanity would make me get a tasteful lift. My outside needs to match my inside. I can take a few lines here and there, but when things start sagging beyond my control, you bet I'd take matters into my own hands.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I think people should do what it takes to give them peace of mind. Frankly, it's none of my business and I certainly don't hold any negative opinion of those who choose to undergo surgery.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    What really scares me right now, though, is all the fillers and injectibles.
    Botox is a form of botulism. Reminds me of an old horse trader's trick to feed older horses with little bits of cyanide since it makes them look and act younger. Then the horses die on the unfortunate new owner.

MBTI
    INFP

Whatever bakes your potato. I would just hope that a person really wants it instead of thinking that there's something wrong with them that surgery would fix.

Be prepared to plunge into uncanny valley.

Or just watch someone with Botox talk. Normal people have facial expressions...

ThatGirl

I fully intend to get a nose job, bucal fat reduction, and possibly the lap band when I have enough money.

I am not insecure in the least, but it is a fact our looks go as we age. We are only as old as we feel, and I intend to feel young forever.

That means no pickle nose, drooping cheek fat, and the lapband is to avoid drastic weight fluctuations (I am currently 160 after being 117 for years) that cause the break down in elasticity leading to saggy skin.

To me it is no different than dousing your eyes in mascarra every day or wearing a push up bra. Lets face it, none of us ladies are self proclaimed natural beauties anymore. The anty has been uped and I intend to stay on task.

I think Alyssa Melano had work done before, and really you couldn't tell. One day she just looked subtly prettier. I think the best way to go about it, is not to CHANGE who you are, but enhance what you have already got going for you.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Something I've always wondered... what if after getting breast implants you cant afford to renew them? Silly question I know, but I'm serious! They say that silicone *can* last up to 18 yrs, and saline 12-14.. but what would someone do if they were financially strapped, had poor credit, and couldn't find anyone to loan them money? I wonder if plastic surgeons do payment arrangements for people with bad credit.... what an efed up spot to be in....

and then, you'll have to always renew them right.. so even when your a 92 yr old purple hair with hip replacement.. you'll be scheduling an appointment to have these buggers replaced. Isn't surgery really dangerous for some elderly people? What if you develop alzheimers in your 70's, and by your 90's you forget to let anyone know you need these replaced?

Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wouldn't consider it unless I had some deformity that caused people to unfavorably stare at me everywhere I went.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I fully intend to get a nose job, bucal fat reduction, and possibly the lap band when I have enough money.

I am not insecure in the least, but it is a fact our looks go as we age. We are only as old as we feel, and I intend to feel young forever.

That means no pickle nose, drooping cheek fat, and the lapband is to avoid drastic weight fluctuations (I am currently 160 after being 117 for years) that cause the break down in elasticity leading to saggy skin.

To me it is no different than dousing your eyes in mascarra every day or wearing a push up bra. Lets face it, none of us ladies are self proclaimed natural beauties anymore. The anty has been uped and I intend to stay on task.

I think Alyssa Melano had work done before, and really you couldn't tell. One day she just looked subtly prettier. I think the best way to go about it, is not to CHANGE who you are, but enhance what you have already got going for you.
    You aren't obsese enough for the lap band, and if you have a thyroid issue or could have other contributing factors, a lap band should be your last result.

I'm not sure what getting a nose job has to do with aging either.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    What do you think of plastic surgery?
    I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When I get into my forties I would totally get a breast reduction and boob lift. My mother's breasts are the same as mine and have held up quite well, but very large breasted women can have back problems as they get older, and I seriously have NO desire to have *major* sagging issues either. I see it as a practical consideration, honestly.

Otherwise, the only way I'd have plastic surgery if I was disfigured or burned. I'll deal with my face by other, less invasive means. Plastic surgery on your face scares me, bro. It just fucking scares me.

Also, people who are obsessed with plastic surgery - or get plastic surgery in their teens and twenties - totally freak me out. I think that's a mental problem.