User Tag List

First 8910

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I want someone to be a michael jackson and get tons of plastic surgeries on here. who will it be?
    I think the answer is pretty obvious.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I would seek to change myself as a person.
    I'm rereading the original post of yours which I was referring to, I take it that you ment you'd change more than just your physical appearance?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    I'm rereading the original post of yours which I was referring to, I take it that you ment you'd change more than just your physical appearance?
    Well actually it could easily be seen that way yeah. But that original post was more to do with physical appearance, although I think most people have certain insecurities even if they are not aware of them and this could easily extend to one's personality.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Well actually it could easily be seen that way yeah. But that original post was more to do with physical appearance, although I think most people have certain insecurities even if they are not aware of them and this could easily extend to one's personality.
    Okay so back to my original post then, out sheer curiousity.
    What would you change about your appearance physically since you said you would if it was free of charge?
    Do you find that its because of insecurity you've conjured up yourself, or one that people have projected onto you?
    Or would you consider it to not be a insecurity at all?

Glycerine

I used to really want plastic surgery if I ever made a ton of money. I didn't like my lips, nose, eyes, jaw, chin, cheeks yeah... I was incredibly insecure. I don't think plastic surgery is necessarily bad but it's something that I should never venture in.. I can be way too perfectionistic for my own good sometimes. For other people, they should do what they want but it shouldn't be to mask another problem.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I used to really want plastic surgery if I ever made a ton of money. I didn't like my lips, nose, eyes, jaw, chin, cheeks yeah... I was incredibly insecure. I don't think plastic surgery is necessarily bad but it's something that I should never venture in.. I can be way too perfectionistic for my own good sometimes. For other people, they should do what they want but it shouldn't be to mask another problem.
    Sounds alot like my ENFJ (possibly) friend, she is attractive, and she knows it. But she'll always pick out things she could possibly change to meet the universal "perfect". Not that she actually would get any of that done thank god. She'd never be fully satisfied with the end results haha.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Sounds alot like my ENFJ (possibly) friend, she is attractive, and she knows it. But she'll always pick out things she could possibly change to meet the universal "perfect". Not that she actually would get any of that done thank god. She'd never be fully satisfied with the end results haha.
    That sounds like me except I typically don't see myself as all that attractive. LOL
    Haha whenever I think of wanting plastic surgery, I just think of Joan rivers and then the desire fades quickly because I would probably become the Asian Joan Rivers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    That sounds like me except I typically don't see myself as all that attractive. LOL
    Haha whenever I think of wanting plastic surgery, I just think of Joan rivers and then the desire fades quickly because I would probably become the Asian Joan Rivers.
    Haha well, it's more so that she knows if she says "im not that attractive" SOMEONE is going to berate her about it, and she knows it's most likely true even if she doesn't feel like it. A little cliche no?
    LOL that's a really good way to remind yourself on the danger hahaha. The asian Joan Rivers, I wonder what that would look like.