• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Noble and Ignoble

Mole

Permabanned
Are the young noble like the characters in, "Coral Island"?
Or are the young ignoble like the characters in, "The Lord of the Flies"?

Are the young born in Original Sin and so can't help becoming savages unless redeemed by christianity?

Or are the young born with an Original Blessing and so are inclined to become brave, intelligent, humourous and gallant?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Both at the same time. Sorry that is an immature answer.

Mole

Permabanned
Coral Island and Lord of the Flies meet in Treasure Island

While it is true, "Coral Island", is noble and, "The Lord of the Flies", is ignoble, in, "Treasure Island", we experience the struggle between the noble and the ignoble.

So ask yourself, which side are you on? Are you noble or are you ignoble? And are you prepared to fight gallantly for your nobility; or are you prepared to fight low and dirty for your ignobility?

Do you cynically believe, good guys come last; or do you have something worth fighting for?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think the common misconception is that the term pure, (in relation to children), means something positive. To me ive always interpreted it as being a fresh sheet of paper onto which life will print.

In other words children are neutral until something influences them one way or the other. Of course the idea of there just being one or two ways is anathema to my way of thinking, there are multiple avenues and frankly I cannot help but try to see them all, to do otherwise would be inaccurate and unfair to the varied experiences of life.

Some situations therefore could be met with both ignoble and noble motives.

As for The Lord of The Flies, that book has always been an interesting point to me on those who carry rules in their heads vs those who are defined by external rules until they are removed. Although I dont necessarily mean Introversion or Extraversion here.