User Tag List

Noble and Ignoble

Are the young noble like the characters in, "Coral Island"?
    Or are the young ignoble like the characters in, "The Lord of the Flies"?

Are the young born in Original Sin and so can't help becoming savages unless redeemed by christianity?

Or are the young born with an Original Blessing and so are inclined to become brave, intelligent, humourous and gallant?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Both at the same time. Sorry that is an immature answer.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Buy a vaporizer.

Coral Island and Lord of the Flies meet in Treasure Island

While it is true, "Coral Island", is noble and, "The Lord of the Flies", is ignoble, in, "Treasure Island", we experience the struggle between the noble and the ignoble.

So ask yourself, which side are you on? Are you noble or are you ignoble? And are you prepared to fight gallantly for your nobility; or are you prepared to fight low and dirty for your ignobility?

Do you cynically believe, good guys come last; or do you have something worth fighting for?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I think the common misconception is that the term pure, (in relation to children), means something positive. To me ive always interpreted it as being a fresh sheet of paper onto which life will print.

In other words children are neutral until something influences them one way or the other. Of course the idea of there just being one or two ways is anathema to my way of thinking, there are multiple avenues and frankly I cannot help but try to see them all, to do otherwise would be inaccurate and unfair to the varied experiences of life.

Some situations therefore could be met with both ignoble and noble motives.

As for The Lord of The Flies, that book has always been an interesting point to me on those who carry rules in their heads vs those who are defined by external rules until they are removed. Although I dont necessarily mean Introversion or Extraversion here.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.