User Tag List

Default Extrovert overloads

Do any of the people who are extroverts, although everyone else can offer advice too, have advice about extrovert overloads? When you're tempted to just behave towards others as though they are familiar instead of just acquaintences? Or wanting to leap ahead in familiarity or friendship beyond all the annoying gradualism of getting to know people? Or when you're tempted to dress in loud attention grabbing ways or do something similar?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

As an introvert I always find myself talking when all the extraverts finally decide to shut up, which is usually in situations where it is not socially apropriate to talk, which when you do talk enrages the extraverts. Extraverts must like talking when other extraverts are also talking. That is what gets them charged, and they overload when introverts say socially awkward things at awkward times.

garbage

Like @RaptorWizard, I prefer when we're not all talking above one another. I'll re-interrupt people who interrupt me so that I can finish my point, and I'll sometimes make it a game to see how long it takes someone to shut up once they've asked me a question.

I find that most anyone who is "on a roll" with speaking their train of thought would rather it not be interrupted with someone else's long train of thought (though asking for clarification is quite alright, in my book).

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Do any of the people who are extroverts, although everyone else can offer advice too, have advice about extrovert overloads? When you're tempted to just behave towards others as though they are familiar instead of just acquaintences? Or wanting to leap ahead in familiarity or friendship beyond all the annoying gradualism of getting to know people?
    If this is a good goal to have (which it is), and if I have any tips, I just constantly keep in the back of mind that the most respectful and meaningful conversations I have had are ones where both parties actually listen to one another. I can initiate conversation, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily lead to steamrolling over others.

Or when you're tempted to dress in loud attention grabbing ways or do something similar?
    No advice on this. I tend to like attention, so long as I'm the one who dictates its terms.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    As an introvert I always find myself talking when all the extraverts finally decide to shut up, which is usually in situations where it is not socially apropriate to talk, which when you do talk enrages the extraverts. Extraverts must like talking when other extraverts are also talking. That is what gets them charged, and they overload when introverts say socially awkward things at awkward times.
    this has more to do with Fe than extroverts. I am amused by people who talk at socially inappropriate times and often do myself.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Thought from the title that it was about extroverts getting overloaded in social situations and from overall too much humanity, about which I would have a lot to say, as I'm often in that situation myself. I've never felt the need to extrovert more... I have a social job and get way more than enough socializing in at work... When I get off I am not social in the least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Do any of the people who are extroverts, although everyone else can offer advice too, have advice about extrovert overloads? When you're tempted to just behave towards others as though they are familiar instead of just acquaintences? Or wanting to leap ahead in familiarity or friendship beyond all the annoying gradualism of getting to know people? Or when you're tempted to dress in loud attention grabbing ways or do something similar?
    I'm uncertain about what kind of advice you mean? Do you mean advice on how to avoid those things?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Thought from the title that it was about extroverts getting overloaded in social situations and from overall too much humanity, about which I would have a lot to say, as I'm often in that situation myself.
    I thought this same thing -- and I am often the same way, especially when surrounded by other extroverts. (No better way to make me look like an awkward ISTJ, than put me in a big group of dramatic ExFPs!) Maybe this is why I have so many introvert friends
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I read this as Extrovert Overlords.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@EJCC I'm pretty awkward myself... I tend to be happiest standing off to the side and stepping in when needed, but otherwise just lurking and observing. I'm most likely to fix others' mistakes and move on... I have very little patience with a good deal of idle chit chat unless I'm with only one or two others... Groups are overwhelming and I don't speak loudly so I get drowned out easily

A coworker described me last night as the most awkward person to succeed in this business
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I read this as Extrovert Overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    @EJCC I'm pretty awkward myself... I tend to be happiest standing off to the side and stepping in when needed, but otherwise just lurking and observing. I'm most likely to fix others' mistakes and move on... I have very little patience with a good deal of idle chit chat unless I'm with only one or two others... Groups are overwhelming and I don't speak loudly so I get drowned out easily

A coworker described me last night as the most awkward person to succeed in this business
    Huh! You really, really don't come across that way, in your posts or in your videos. Must be different at work/in real life?

My awkwardness with dramatic extroverts might be from my inferior Fi... I see all that enthusiasm and craziness, and I start wondering how much of it is real, and then I have a hard time trusting them. This is why I had no Drama Kid friends in high school!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!