• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you ever reached this point in any particular area of your life? Were you forced to or did you choose to grow as a result of it? Share your experiences here and give hope and inspiration to others! :)

For myself, I had very bad "social phobia" particularly in college. I'm not here to knock on religion, perhaps it is just the way I took it, but I refused to interact with others for fear of being "tainted" by their mindset. This became so bad that I had a panic attack simply walking to class one day. Eventually, I began to realize what a barrier my attitude was in my life and I began to change it. At first this was hard because I felt I was "lying" to myself. Eventually the message of how I perceive others influences how they perceive me began to sink in and I realized I could create any kind of relationship I would like with any particular person (so long as they compled, but why wouldn't they? I am friendly, nice, outgoing, and charming :D). Now, I have zero social phobia. I am often the life of the party and many people irl and on this forum perceive me as an extravert. What's your story?