User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Along with Ted Bundy. Friends of people I know said "he seemed nice and charming". One of them was thinking about accepting his invitation but had her kids in the back so declined.

So yes, case in point, many sociopaths and psychopaths know how to put on superficial charm and follow social norms for their own benefit. It's about getting what they want from others so many of them will use social norms and superficial rapport as a means to a specific end.
    Does this guy look like a killer?

That's none other than Andrew Cunanan, the charismatic killer who in 1997 gunned down Gianni Versace on the front steps of his house in Miami, Florida. He allegedly went on a killing spree prior to killing Versace. About a week later, he committed suicide on a houseboat before police could apprehend him. That was a highly publicized manhunt.

Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors referred to him as a "nice man." Meanwhile, he was chopping up body parts and eating them for a midnight snack.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Does this guy look like a killer?

That's none other than Andrew Cunanan, the charismatic killer who in 1997 gunned down Gianni Versace on the front steps of his house in Miami, Florida. He allegedly went on a killing spree prior to killing Versace. About a week later, he committed suicide on a houseboat before police could apprehend him. That was a highly publicized manhunt.

Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors referred to him as a "nice man." Meanwhile, he was chopping up body parts and eating them for a midnight snack.
    yes, in general, we would like to think we know how to differentiate the creepers from the the average person but it's more of an idealistic want to make us feel more secure about the world than a realistic objective. The scary truth is that we mostly catch serial killers/creepy people by luck and hard work. It's not easy as TV portays it or whether or not they follow social norms.

"While there are many wonderful police investigators out there doing some very fine work, the majority of the time it is not brains that catches serial killers. Usually it is just dumb luck. Ted was speeding. One Alabama serial killer I was investigating was doing just fine until he took a girl out to the woods to kill her. His car got stuck in the mud and he had to call a friend for a tow."

"Police are reluctant to label a murder as a possible serial homicide. Telling the community a serial killer is out there stirs up a lot of unpleasant attention. The bad publicity kills tourism, and citizens start asking police what they are doing about catching this creep terrorizing their neighborhood. Besides, if one follows the ”gotta have killed three” requirement, unless there are at least those three and there is DNA matching the murders or the bodies are all dumped in the same place, the police aren’t going to say there is a serial killer involved."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/c...ths/index.html

MBTI
    yupp

seeeeee?? this is why people shouldn't be scared of me because i'm harmless.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't follow social norms and no one thinks I'm creepy.

The research and the article's analysis are at odds. Incongruous, in fact. And it is the incongruity that makes people uncomfortable. Because they like predictability. It makes them feel safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Behold the Ultimate Absent-Minded Professor, behind only Einstein! True gangsters sure are scary.

Hate

I keep reading this title as, "Why Weepy People Give us the Crillies."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I don't follow social norms and no one thinks I'm creepy.

The research and the article's analysis are at odds. Incongruous, in fact. And it is the incongruity that makes people uncomfortable. Because they like predictability. It makes them feel safe.
    How do you know?

Someone at my game group is creepy and he has no idea other people think it. He thinks he's smooth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    How do you know?

Someone at my game group is creepy and he has no idea other people think it. He thinks he's smooth.
    That would be awesome. If I was creeping people out and didn't even know it?!!
    Righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I keep reading this title as, "Why Weepy People Give us the Crillies."
    You sound boss-eyed. Which is creepy.
    I keep reading it as "When Creepy People Give You Their Willy".
    Which is probably wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I think a good part of the behaviors that makes a man ''creepy'' makes a woman just ''crazy'', or a ''freak''. Which tends to be a bit more amusing.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------