User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Default Typing. And Typing

Sometimes I look back on a submitted post and I realize it doesn't do justice to what I meant.

Sometimes I look at my messages and so much I had to get across, didn't get through. And it feels like around half of the whole communication I intended.

We have the emoticons and can link vids and stuff but that doesn't convey the context of how one is saying anything.

Or sometimes it appears your words don't quite really get your message across enough.

Any Ideas? I know the ENTPs are going to come up with ideas..
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm bad at this too but I think you can learn with practice. Maybe a blog or something.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

are you any better at conveying what you say in person?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Sometimes I look back on a submitted post and I realize it doesn't do justice to what I meant.

Sometimes I look at my messages and so much I had to get across, didn't get through. And it feels like around half of the whole communication I intended.

We have the emoticons and can link vids and stuff but that doesn't convey the context of how one is saying anything.

Or sometimes it appears your words don't quite really get your message across enough.

Any Ideas? I know the ENTPs are going to come up with ideas..
    Misreading. My idea is misreading. For most of our writing is misread. All we can do is go with the misreading even knowing that even this will be misread.

Of course the owls amongst us realise we also misread the text and swoop from one misreading to the next, like a big brown owl looking for a juicy mouse.

Have you tried the [Edit] button? Or the [Go Advanced ] where there is a preview, where you can proof-read before you commit.

Other than that, perhaps take a and slow down your Ne so Ti can better synthesize ideas.

[EDIT]Both top two suggestions work.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

I often go back and edit my posts to make them more clear. That way, I'm not easily misread.

I highly prioritize delivering a clear message, but I'm sure it confuses some people to see a slightly different post from me a few minutes later--especially when they've already quoted it.

This seems relevant, too! Language is but an imperfect translation of what we're thinking; it's difficult to put pen to paper and expect a one-to-one mapping with our thoughts out the back end.

That is all.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I often go back and edit my posts to make them more clear. That way, I'm not easily misread.
    I read over mine on average 3 times before hitting post so that I can edit before it's posted and make sure that I have said exactly what I meant
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I read over mine on average 3 times before hitting post so that I can edit before it's posted and make sure that I have said exactly what I meant
    It is too late for me. My cursor is drawn to the Post button. I click.

I dunno.. I suppose I rush to get things done, especially when I have a safety net like "being able to edit my posts"; and it's easier for me to revise a finished product. Sometimes, I'll come up with ideas, wording changes, or other clarifications/additions later on [size=1](like this one)[/url]

edit: I did it again

I have the same problem with emails--Gmail's "Undo Send Mail" feature (which gives you 20 seconds to go back and revise your email) is a godsend.
    --

As far as post content, I don't fare well with walls of text. My eyes just.. glaze over. I scan the whole shebang, looking for a point, and there often is none. The joke is on me, the reader.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    It is too late for me. My cursor is drawn to the Post button. I click.

I dunno.. I suppose I rush to get things done, especially when I have a safety net like "being able to edit my posts"; and it's easier for me to revise a finished product. I have the same problem with emails--Gmail's "Undo Send Mail" feature (which gives you 20 seconds to go back and revise your email) is a godsend.

--

As far as post content, I don't fare well with walls of text. My eyes just.. glaze over. I scan the whole shebang, looking for a point, and there often is none. The joke is on me, the reader.
    I can't stand to hit "post" before I'm sure that I'm satisfied with what I've typed... and even then there's a 50/50 chance that I'll re-read it and edit it at least once

and I didn't KNOW that g-mail would let you edit... how completely and totally awesome!

I can only read walls of text if I wrote them, and I only write them when I really have something to say... they pretty much only appear in my blog otherwise, I lack the attention span required to read such things

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

As @bologna said, I often rush back to add more information to a post when I suddenly realise that it is insufficient for what I want to convey.

Then I mope in misery because I realise that ive just made a wall of a post and it still becomes misunderstood.

I then spend a nice century of time making more posts that do nothing but reiterate what is already not being understood.

Of course whether or not something is being misunderstood is also debatable in itself, afterall a person can understand your point but not agree with it as is the premise of most arguments.