User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    IsFJ

My method:

* Write a post and hit "Go Advanced"
    * Browse other tabs
    * Revise my post and hit send if satisfactory
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I've decided to just live with it. *shrug*. There can always be differences in what you meant and how it's read; communication is like that. I think I'm quite skilled at conveying my thoughts in writing, but people sometimes still misunderstand me and there's often a lot of thoughts I don't get around to talking about at all (especially on something like a message board, where I often need to make myself focus on one or two things to say or I'll never get around to finishing my message). Sometimes you just have to put something out there. You can always elaborate or clarify later if appropriate.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

1. Write the post.
    2. Quick glance through this tiny edit box to find mistakes. I make more dumb mistakes typing on colemak.
    3. Send post.
    4. Re-read and find another mistake.
    5. Edit and re-send post.
    6. Re-read and find another mistake.
    7. Edit and re-send post.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    are you any better at conveying what you say in person?
    Well, others know what I say by my voice and body language and everything.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Have you tried the [Edit] button? Or the [Go Advanced ] where there is a preview, where you can proof-read before you commit.

Other than that, perhaps take a and slow down your Ne so Ti can better synthesize ideas.

[EDIT]Both top two suggestions work.
    This helps.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I often go back and edit my posts to make them more clear. That way, I'm not easily misread.

I highly prioritize delivering a clear message, but I'm sure it confuses some people to see a slightly different post from me a few minutes later--especially when they've already quoted it.
    haha, i do the same thing racing to edit the post before someone hits reply.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

I have the same problem with emails--Gmail's "Undo Send Mail" feature (which gives you 20 seconds to go back and revise your email) is a godsend.
    i've never heard of this! it must have been invented for crazy lovestruck people who send "i love you" emails followed 5 minutes later by "i hate you" emails. this feature very kindly will prevent them from doing this: :horor:

yup, now i'm editing my post:

on a board i was on a few years back before it died i met several of the posters irl. they were always quite a bit different than i'd imagined them from their posts even with using emoticons. fortunately, they were almost all positive experiences. i have one really close friend from that board that i've been friends with for over 6 years and we've never met due to living in different countries. it is going to be mighty weird when we finally do meet. i have a feeling i'll probably have to revise quite a lot of my mental impression of him.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    ...i have one really close friend from that board that i've been friends with for over 6 years and we've never met due to living in different countries. it is going to be mighty weird when we finally do meet. i have a feeling i'll probably have to revise quite a lot of my mental impression of him.
    I'd imagine that's right.