User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you see yourself as a who or a what?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who

15 62.50%
  • What

9 37.50%
123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Question how do you view yourself?

well... how DO you view yourself?

are you a product of what you do and accomplish?

do you see yourself through the eyes of others?

are you your place in society?

do you view yourself from the inside in a manner in which I can't describe?

are you a product of your past, or molded towards your future?

I really am kind of curious in how people see themselves... I've always viewed myself based on my skills, what I do and where I fit into the bigger picture of society... I've never really succeeded in seeing me as "whatever the person"... I really would love to hear some views from people who do see things both ways just to understand please
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I can't answer these type of questions well. Probably why my blog sucks.

Right now, I guess, I view myself as a consumer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I see myself as whether or not I've been brave or skilled enough to live the life I want to be living. I view myself more in terms of "am I happy? do people love me?" than societal markers like career/family/house/etc.

I also tend to think about my sexual attractiveness maybe more than I should, like I think part of my self-esteem really does hinge on how desirable I am. I would be devastated, for example, if I was in a relationship where my partner loved me but no longer wanted to sleep with me. I would feel like I failed in some way.

But outside of that it's about my personal happiness and what I've been able to accomplish or overcome because of my tenacity, talents, and bravery. I really like when I feel like I've outsmarted people, for example, by being able to jump through loopholes and be free and not be trapped by "the system."

I also care about being smart/right....but more so in a practical, applicable sense (or in a passionate sense in tune with things I actually care about) more so than being an intellectual or coming across as the sort of person with multiple degrees, which is pretty meaningless to me. I want to be smart about real or important things.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Can view myself from many angles but try to work on my inner self the most, how can I add to Heaven/goodness/well being/etc. How happy am I? How true to my nature? What personal qualities can I work on? (Trust is usually a big one, for instance- also selflessness). I'm not big on skills and accomplishments but would like to make an impact on the world somehow and would rather do so in a bigger way if possible.. So, I'd like to climb up the financial ladder so that my words and actions can be louder and make a bigger ripple in the water, not because of my income or skills. External achievement can actually be a burden for me but if I want to be a "better" person with a louder voice sometimes it requires resources outside of just my almighty "Self" that I seem to focus on so much.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I'm that guy that moves with a purpose, that everyone turns to see when he walks into a room, that makes people feel good and valued for who they are, that hustles till his shoulders ache with the strain. The guy who is barreling through life at 1000 mph, the incarnation of math that that replicates the rna of your soul making a better tommorow. A best friend and godfather, a mover, a shaker, a money maker. A comedian who lets life roll off his back. Who views himself unrealistically reminding him what he's meant for . A punk rock, millionaire, genius. A player, a family man, good luck trying to contain me. A thrill seeker adrenaline junkie. An explorer, risk taker, one of those people that everyone else in the room is watching. At peace with myself, holistic, bombastic, realistic. A. Zen like peaceful warrior surfing quantum probabalistic waves making them collapse into a beautiful reality
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I suppose I've always viewed myself as a what as opposed to a who... what am I? where do I plan on going in life? how am I going to do that? how does my presence affect others? if I change x how does this affect others? what am I good at and how can I use that to cause change?

the thought of viewing myself as a "who" is downright confusing to me... where does what end and who begin?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I'm that guy that moves with a purpose, that everyone turns to see when he walks into a room, that makes people feel good and valued for who they are, that hustles till his shoulders ache with the strain. The guy who is barreling through life at 1000 mph, the incarnation of math that that replicates the rna of your soul making a better tommorow. A best friend and godfather, a mover, a shaker, a money maker. A comedian who lets life roll off his back. Who views himself unrealistically reminding him what he's meant for . A punk rock, millionaire, genius. A player, a family man, good luck trying to contain me. A thrill seeker adrenaline junkie. An explorer, risk taker, one of those people that everyone else in the room is watching. At peace with myself, holistic, bombastic, realistic. A. Zen like peaceful warrior surfing quantum probabalistic waves making them collapse into a beautiful reality
    I see myself as someone who was annoyed by this...

Until you mentioned the quantum waves. Good one!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I am uncomfortable with all of this because I can't stand being put in any box. I like to do what I want to do (when it's possible) and what I do is going to depend on how I feel. I never can those answer "what's your favorite...?" questions because of this. I get this sudden uncomfortable feeling like I'm being put in a box and usually I don't have an answer anyway because I typically like more than one thing. There are a few things about me that never change and I like these things the way they are but I'm probably most comfortable in atmospheres and around people that are similar to me in that respect.

Wait... I don't think I answered the question.

My answer is: I have no idea. It changes too much.

MBTI
    yupp

I am a what, who is stuck in the past not wanting to move forward no matter how much i'm pushed. I'm childish I'm the person other's take care of I doubt my own abilities if I were told to everything on my own I'd starve drink myself to death and end up on the street most likely I just don't have motivation.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I am uncomfortable with all of this because I can't stand being put in any box. I like to do what I want to do (when it's possible) and what I do is going to depend on how I feel. I never can those answer "what's your favorite...?" questions because of this. I get this sudden uncomfortable feeling like I'm being put in a box and usually I don't have an answer anyway because I typically like more than one thing. There are a few things about me that never change and I like these things the way they are but I'm probably most comfortable in atmospheres and around people that are similar to me in that respect.

Wait... I don't think I answered the question.

My answer is: I have no idea. It changes too much.
    One of my best friends who is intp feels the exact same way! (I think). It's frustrating because when I ask him about himself I think he feels like I am analyzing him/trying to put him in a box because this is how I /used to/ interact in the past. Really though, I just want to /connect/ with him. How could someone connect with /you/ without making you feel defined? Does the right intention have an effect on the way you feel?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.