• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shape

Mole

Permabanned
Some things can't be expressed in words and can only be expressed in shape.

When I was invited to Central by Geoff, I was naive and sought to express myself in the shape of my words. This triggered such an immune response from the members, I gave up writing in shape and now write in the normal way here. This is like cutting the limbs off a tree because we don't like the shape.

Who would have guessed that conformity of expression had reached such a destructive height.

It is as though conformity of expression is defended by hysteria, and group hysteria at that.

The word 'fascism' immediately comes to mind, and was only reinforced by the Führer lover, Carl Jung.

But every tree speaks against you in three dimensions.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually enjoy the way you speak I just dislike feeling defined negatively by the shapes you use. All of typology central is cast in the same light above and you create no way for reconciliation except for others to agree with you. If you styled your same thoughts more openly so that others could participate in them and feel good the reaction might be different :)

Mole

Permabanned
"We have so much in common".

I actually enjoy the way you speak I just dislike feeling defined negatively by the shapes you use. All of typology central is cast in the same light above and you create no way for reconciliation except for others to agree with you. If you styled your same thoughts more openly so that others could participate in them and feel good the reaction might be different :)

Sure, everyone here writes in the same style and has an immune reaction to different styles.

Most come here like yourself to find others who agree with them, "Gosh", you say, as they do in, "American Pie Revisited", "we have so much in common".

For, "So much in common", click on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Or_Sp76zU

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Victor, I'm not sure what you mean by "shape" because I'm pretty certain you're allowed to write in your semi-poetic lines and questions, just as others are allowed to write with no capital letters, or no sentence structure, or all ellipses and ha ha's, or an absolutely pretentious, over-educated post-graduate wall of text.

I don't think anyone is forcing anyone to write a certain way here, unless you're talking about your emotional tone or attitude toward other people.

exact

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Some things can't be expressed in words and can only be expressed in shape.

When I was invited to Central by Geoff, I was naive and sought to express myself in the shape of my words. This triggered such an immune response from the members, I gave up writing in shape and now write in the normal way here. This is like cutting the limbs off a tree because we don't like the shape.

Who would have guessed that conformity of expression had reached such a destructive height.

It is as though conformity of expression is defended by hysteria, and group hysteria at that.

The word 'fascism' immediately comes to mind, and was only reinforced by the Führer lover, Carl Jung.

But every tree speaks against you in three dimensions.

Are you saying that your text is fat?

G

garbage

Some people write more "flowy" than others, some people are more direct and to the point, some people love their walls of text, and so on. It seems that we encourage a variety of forms of self-expression here, as well we should.

For the record, I like your style of posting because it's not so direct. It reaches into the corners of the mind and pulls out symbology and metaphor to make its points.

Mole

Permabanned
From Poem to Poem

Shape is very important to me.

When I stop talking and when I stop my inner dialogue, shape becomes apparent to me. It's as though I feel shape internally and move with shape.

So rather than using my sense of hearing and speaking, I am using my proprioceptive sense.

And when I am in touch with shape its as though I am in a different world.

And this tends to be disconcerting for those still using their sense of hearing and speech.

Although two people silently drawing together, can communicate together using shape only; and two people silently dancing together can communicate through movement and shape.

And of course we can silently communicate using poems only.

For only a poem can communicate with another poem.