User Tag List

12 Last

Smile Terrified Together

I am terrified - I am terrified of everything. I am terrified of taking the next step. I am terrified of the indifference of cats. I am terrified of the sunshine. I am terrified of raindrops - and we have had so many of them.

I am terrified to take my next breath. So I hold my breath - I hold my breath - and they tell me, if I don't take my next breath, I will die.

And yet around me everyone is normal. How I long for the terror of the French Revolution so that everyone would feel the same.

Around me they are normal, living comfortable lives of quiet desperation.

But what could be more terrifying than to be the only terrified person in a crowd of normal people?

I look across the crowded room, looking for another terrified face, perhaps hiding in a corner, and I will ask her to come sit under the stairs with me. And we can hold hands in the dark and be terrified together.

Just breathe - you exist too. Feel it in your chest and gut, as it slows your mind and gives you clarity. Feel how your heart and body are already connected to everyone and everything around you. Hold onto that feeling, and know that it ok to let go of your racing thoughts. Recognise that no one has a monopoly on "normal", and that there's no shame in being everything you love - and that you have the presence to face anyone who chooses to hate that. When you do, you won't need to hide under the stairs anymore.
    Hello

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think that kind of missed Victor's point completely.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Is that meant to invalidate what I said? I related to what Victor posted, and whether he was looking for it or not, I offered my thoughts.
    Hello

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What's terrifying you @Victor? Tell us more about it.
    Sometimes I think there could be a misunderstood genius behind those vague yet intriguing words.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Is that meant to invalidate what I said? I related to what Victor posted, and whether he was looking for it or not, I offered my thoughts.
    Invalidate? Am I supposed to be validating you?

No, just noting that it seemed to totally miss what Victor's point was, content-wise, since you didn't seem to realize that; maybe it would help you recalibrate with him and connect better.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Invalidate? Am I supposed to be validating you?
    Well, no, but I don't see how what I posted displays a lack of understanding of what Victor posted - on the contrary, I feel it's coming from a deep understanding of what Victor describes.
    Hello

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Whatever. I already said what I wanted to say in my first post, and this is belaboring it. Talk to Victor.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am terrified - I am terrified of everything. I am terrified of taking the next step. I am terrified of the indifference of cats. I am terrified of the sunshine. I am terrified of raindrops - and we have had so many of them.

I am terrified to take my next breath. So I hold my breath - I hold my breath - and they tell me, if I don't take my next breath, I will die.

And yet around me everyone is normal. How I long for the terror of the French Revolution so that everyone would feel the same.

Around me they are normal, living comfortable lives of quiet desperation.

But what could be more terrifying than to be the only terrified person in a crowd of normal people?

I look across the crowded room, looking for another terrified face, perhaps hiding in a corner, and I will ask her to come sit under the stairs with me. And we can hold hands in the dark and be terrified together.
    More evidence that cats are stingy and unreliable.

I don't know. My cat is too needy and meows too much. Bad influence from the dogs, I think.