User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    fondness for food from gas stations)...
    mmm truckstop burritos. don't even hate.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    mmm truckstop burritos. don't even hate.
    don't even get me started on my love for pizza from the speedway chain of gas stations... so affordable and delicious
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

It really depends on what you mean by transhuman. I don't think grafting some neural/optical modifications to your central nervous system really makes for a transhuman. I'd pretty much get augmented in a heartbeat if it was affordable, safe, and didn't mess up my training in any way.
    Now, if you're talking about uploading my personality to some substrate somewhere, then no... I'd never do that. Just couldn't handle it. Never dying, not having a body of my own... it'd be too weird and I'd never want to do that ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Permabanned

I really wish I was like 50 years older so I didn't have to take these questions seriously.

As it stands, in 50 years time, I might have to actually answer these questions.

One things for sure, I'm for sure dying. I want to. That whole living forever thing is just not going to happen for me...I'm sorry.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I might accept an "upgrade" if it took the form of some bodily (prosthetic-type) repair of a body part that wasn't working. I would not want any transhuman changes that affected my brain. I consider my brain, soul, and DNA to be the seat of my humanity and thus would not want them altered. The other issue is that transhumanists seem to view the capabilities of computers and machines as being superior to those of humans. They are in some ways, but they don't have our ability to engage in moral reasoning. Also, human thinking may involve cognitive errors but unlike computers, we are alive.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    It really depends on what you mean by transhuman. I don't think grafting some neural/optical modifications to your central nervous system really makes for a transhuman. I'd pretty much get augmented in a heartbeat if it was affordable, safe, and didn't mess up my training in any way.
    Now, if you're talking about uploading my personality to some substrate somewhere, then no... I'd never do that.
    Just couldn't handle it. Never dying, not having a body of my own... it'd be too weird and I'd never want to do that ever.
    Same here. The idea has always intrigued me, and the technology is getting closer and closer to some fairly significant modifications.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I wouldn't trust whoever was in charge of maintenance. Software problem? Routed to peon with list of basic questions. Hardware problem? Routed to peon with list of basic questions. Biological problem? Have you dealt with insurance and healthcare lately?
    I was just thinking what a bitch it would be if you were trying to chat with someone about your mechanical heart failure and they had such a heavy accent you couldn't really understand them.

I'd like some fiber optics extensions in my hair, though. That'd be fun. Pink one day, blue the next...

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If you were offered a free opportunity to become transhuman, with the freedom to choose and design the “upgrades” you would like. Would you accept the offer and become transhuman, or stay the same?

If yes, what changes would you like to make to yourself?

Oh yes definately! Wow so many things you could do...umm... i'm presuming we are not being given limits here?
    How about transparent skin with electrical wiring instead of veins. I suppose i would keep skin elasticity...but not some ultra botox look... i'm not sure i'd change too much in terms of looking younger/perter etc... i'd be more interested in trying out completely new things... i wouldn't mind being part android part real human.... some computerised mechanisms.
    Would be really exciting to be able to press buttons on my wrist to activate lazers and rocket boots... and some kind of mind synch program, allowing me to communicate with persons of my choice (with thier permission of course)... ummm... i could go on and on with this.
    I'd also like to have blue hair that stays blue (i'd be happy with green)...so i suppose it may be artifical hair...not fussed about that. Oh and i'd like to be a transformer.
    temporary /list
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

figsfiggyfigs

I read "translucent".I went "ew..."

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I misread the thread title as, ''Would you become trashhuman?''

..which immediately reminded me of things like, the Garbage Hotel.

As for transhuman, count me in. Give me a new set of lungs, or have some mechanism automatically spray albuterol directly into my bronchial tree so I never even feel an asthma attack coming on. Give me synthetic joints that will never wear out.

I'm not sure what I would change, cognitively. I'm not terribly trusting of all man-made materials, no matter what brilliant mind came up with the systems behind them, so, my brain is the last place I'd want to install something that'd potentially short circuit. Joints, lungs, sure. I can always remedy that, somehow. But not my precious, precious brain.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.