---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Upgraded memory and faster processing speed.

Enhanced immune system. It's pretty good now but hey, if you can improve it why not?

Something that will always make me look and feel youthful.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Hell yes I would. I'd upload my consciousness into a computer. Then I'd get the following changes: a body which is a floating ball of eyes and ears and a surrounding cloud of nanomatter which I can manipulate into various tools (and which can take on the appearance of a human body so I don't alienate people, I guess), the ability to fork my consciousness (take that, Descartes), the ability to regulate various aspects of consciousness (fear, level of dissociation, sense of time, pain, and I'd have to think out the rest), the ability to speed up or slow down my metabolism (and thinking speed?), and perfect eidetic memory which I can play back (which could double as a compass).

Has anyone here played Eclipse Phase?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yes, and I know who I would be too. A "good" version of kadmin in altered carbon

garbage

Oh, yeah.

I've been told that I regularly operate at around 75% (or less) of what my 'normal' capacity should be, because of mental conditions. The right combination of medication would help me reach 'normal,' and I get glimpses of it from time to time. So, reaching 'normal' for me winds up feeling like reaching transhuman because I'm just flat-out not used to it. When I'm manic--yeah, even moreso.

I have often wondered whether or not I would be completely satisfied with that 'normal.' My 'natural state' without the right medication is all sorts of 'bad'--suboptimal, unproductive (in my estimation; the world seems quite content with it, though), miserable--so I don't regard the natural state as something to shoot for.

I would regard anything that makes us mentally stronger and more adept as fair game, so long as the side effects don't burn us out (yeah, that's a bitch). I would love to at least experiment with those sorts of enhancements. Even if I'm not on them for long, I would still learn from the experience, at least.

I would want these sorts of enhancements to be available publicly, though, for our mutual betterment. Lots of people benefit from being a Google/Wikipedia away from a wealth of information, from generic drugs at ~$4/month, etc.

In another life, I would have been one of those hippies who experimented with all sorts of illegal drugs just to gain the perspectives that they provided.

violaine

Yes, I would. I'd most likely make changes as my body parts wore out. But I'd also be interested in anything that was an enhancement overall.

No, limits are good.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

i wouldn't mind some enhancements. transhuman is a confused term. or maybe human is a confused term to begin with. if you interpret it as a (false sense of) identity. there is no way i would/could become anything other than what i am, no matter how many computers you attach to me. i am consciousness, i experience form. besides i allready consider myself to be seriously one_with the internet. it's a part of me, like culture, like people i know, like anything.

now remote-controlling all hormons would be more of a problematic issue.

and i would reject mere replacements.
    an artifical heart isn't a heart. science is likely to ignore all the more subtle features of any realy organ.
    then it would not really be an enhancement.
    additions are interesting.

and that penis enlargement that was promised to me by emails for over a century is long overdue.
    how about a penis with adjustable size and color plus various munitions, btw.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I wouldn't trust whoever was in charge of maintenance. Software problem? Routed to peon with list of basic questions. Hardware problem? Routed to peon with list of basic questions. Biological problem? Have you dealt with insurance and healthcare lately?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga