User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

If it's a competitive environment and you're good at it, you can't expect anything particularly friendly from your co-workers, unless team work is absolutely necessary. If people's pay and well-being can be affected by your performance, people will be scared of losing their own pay and well-being. It's human.

weird... I'd think that it would make more sense to want to learn from others who are competent so that you can be good enough to surpass them someday! or at least get close to them so that you can mooch off of their work...
    Time and work are finite, there aren't shares for everyone and really, not everyone is good at earning money. So it's pretty much normal that less competitive people might be scared.

The rest of the litter who are rather touchy, insecure, lazy, tend to see qualities like yours as a direct threat;
    Yeah, let's throw them in a dumpster.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Society

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Holy shit. You just described me. We must be twins.
    o i wasn't talking about myself, i meant you - learned the hard way from the effort i've had to take in observing you.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I would say you sound very matter of fact so to some people it might feel as though you're trying to control their reality or interpet their reality for them. Just use more feeling/ezperienced based language w/ open ended questions

@whatever

I've had girls who never met each other describe me the smae way. What the hell does being intimidating mean?

I'm gonna do some research... *looks for clues in movies*

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    o i wasn't talking about myself, i meant you - learned the hard way from the effort i've had to take in observing you.
    Ah. Tbh, only some of it applied. The chinese boy and the petite blonde never show up at the same place, at the same time.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

One thought that immediately comes to mind is that you're a bit more prone to risk-taking and expressing what you really think. People like that are considered often considered intimidating. Also, you can be kind of random, and that might not be expected. A lot of people really just feel intimidated by ANYTHING that goes against their expectations.

I really think that you're an interesting person, though, and that you shouldn't try to change yourself just because other people find you intimidating. It can be upsetting to realize how people actually view you, but all you can do is remember that some people out there will actually appreciate or value the way you are. There are more of them than you think.

Oh, and as far as the competition aspect... that could be a factor as well. A lot of people might just see themselves as inferior to you when they see how well you handle things, think they're unworthy of associating with someone that awesome. It could be the good kind of intimidating, in other words.

I find this interesting - it seems to illustrate the disparity that we sometimes encounter between how we see ourselves, and how we come across to others - and especially how unaware of it we often are.
    Hello

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    over the past few months, I've been described by various people (especially coworkers... even ones visiting our office on business trips!) as intimidating... even by people who like me... I really have no clue why

what makes a person intimidating?

should a person realize this?

I strongly suspect you're surrounded by people with inferiority complexes.

I experience the same thing. Doesnt bother me anymore.

Whatever...

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    @whatever

I've had girls who never met each other describe me the smae way. What the hell does being intimidating mean?

I'm gonna do some research... *looks for clues in movies*
    maybe cuz you look like uncle Jesse from full house.