User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post
    When this practice is mentioned in reference to the Yakuza (the Japanese mafia), the "balls" are usually actually pearls which have been inserted under the skin. It's a sign of loyalty to the organization and prestige in terms of being able to off people really well.

When this is done outside the Yakuza circle, it's usually hard medical grade silicone which is inserted under the skin to form patterns. The primary motivations in this case are either aesthetic, sexual, or both.

/me showing off my knowledge of unusual body modification practices...
    I know that little BBs (metal or plastic balls) were stuck under the skin on the guy's penis too... mostly present, far as I know, in indonesia....

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 03:49 PM.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I have to say that I can sometimes be disgusted by females that don't "take care of themselves" physically up to the standard. I find it hard to look at people with chapped, bleeding lips, unibrows, and/or the morbidly obese and imagine that they take care of and feel good about themselves. Especially ones that have had the condition for years without improvement. If they don't care for themselves, why should I care for them? If they aren't trying to constantly improve themselves, how can they improve society?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 03:50 PM.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I have to say that I can sometimes be disgusted by females that don't "take care of themselves" physically up to the standard. I find it hard to look at people with chapped, bleeding lips, unibrows, and/or the morbidly obese and imagine that they take care of and feel good about themselves. Especially ones that have had the condition for years without improvement. If they don't care for themselves, why should I care for them? If they aren't trying to constantly improve themselves, how can they improve society?
    Care for them to teach them 'how' to care for themselves. Self-respect has to first be modeled to someone before they can comprehend it. Treat someone with respect and it will increase their own self-respect. It's not correct to assume that everyone knows how to value themselves. People who have been treated as though they are garbage from the time they are children come from a context that is difficult-to-impossible for someone to comprehend who has been valued and taken care of properly.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Care for them to teach them 'how' to care for themselves. Self-respect has to first be modeled to someone before they can comprehend it. Treat someone with respect and it will increase their own self-respect. It's not correct to assume that everyone knows how to value themselves. People who have been treated as though they are garbage from the time they are children come from a context that is difficult-to-impossible for someone to comprehend who has been valued and taken care of properly.
    No, no. Of course, I would still be friends with them and luff them as a person. It's just I'm not going to tell them about how sexy their 5" long nosehairs are. I am not going to make that my business. I would rather comment on their...uh...pretty eyes or something.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    So why are women so stupid?
    Stupidity is not gender-specific.
    However, a stupid person would probably think it is.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I don't even really want to know.
    Don't worry. I don't have a penis so it's not like I've actually participated in this behavior. ...I have heard of labial implants though, though these are much less common. Frankly, they're rather strange looking, if you ask me.

To settle your troubled mind, the only things I have which count as body modifications are pierced ears and a few tattoos.
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post
    When this practice is mentioned in reference to the Yakuza (the Japanese mafia), the "balls" are usually actually pearls which have been inserted under the skin. It's a sign of loyalty to the organization and prestige in terms of being able to off people really well.

When this is done outside the Yakuza circle, it's usually hard medical grade silicone which is inserted under the skin to form patterns. The primary motivations in this case are either aesthetic, sexual, or both.

/me showing off my knowledge of unusual body modification practices...
    Interesting! Thanks for filling in the blanks

What my friend told me is a Yakuza member might insert a metal ball (or pearl as you said) in his lil brother if he ended up in jail, because when he is stuck in his cell his wife (or girlfriend) is lonely and sexually frustrated without him. So he has to compensate for her for her sacrifice by doing the metal ball thing, to make his brother harder and stronger or something like that.

I'm not sure if this is just a joke or not. But you sure know what you are talking about

Again thanks for the information.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway