• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cat parasites trump Jungian cognitive functions :)

sculpting

haha, I thought this must be a joke at first, but the article is absolutely fascinating:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/

High Points:

Infection with a common cat parasite (with upwards of 95% of the population infected in some countries) triggers differences in personality. Men become more wary and suspecious, as well as appearing more attractive to women due to increased testosterone levels. Women become more docile and trusting and dress to impress others. The parasite also seems to correlate with reduced attention span and increased chance of getting in a car wreck.

I am somewhat skeptical of the whole thing, but thought it was a very interesting read and very funny, given how much we can try and attribute to innate personality at times.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“I’m very typical of Toxoplasma males,” he continues. “But I don’t know whether my personality traits have anything to do with the infection. It’s impossible to say for any one individual. You usually need about 50 people who are infected and 50 who are not, in order to see a statistically significant difference. The vast majority of people will have no idea they’re infected.”