User Tag List

12 Last

Smile The True Self and the False Self

The false self follows the cultural imperatives, the false self follows our desires, and the fase self is presided over by the ego.

While the true self is spontaneous, empathic, creative and present.

The false self is an historical construct to do alienated work and have alienated sex.

The true self has a chance with the birth of every new born baby before external forces smother the true self and leave the the false self behind.

False selves are half mad, driven creatures made to serve the military, industrial complex.

But worse, false selves gather together to prove to one another that they are normal and to police anyone seeking to find their true self.

While our greatest, deepest and truest love affair is with our true self.

And be true to thyself, and it follows as night the day, thou canst not be false to any man.
    Last edited by Mole; 02-09-2012 at 09:07 PM.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^ I like how you said that. The true self sounds a lot like the inner child. My favorite saying is, "it's never too late to have a happy childhood".
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Enneagram
    7 so

I don't like this at all. Your using such specific adjectives to define ALL people.

Just because someone is not spontaneous does not mean they are a "false person" or a lie. To me its like your insulting parts of REAL peoples personality.

People are alot more complex then just "Hey this guys a lie. And hey this guy is a FAKE CONSTRUCT CREATED BY OUR MONARCHIC SOCIETY"
    Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The false self follows the cultural imperatives, the false self follows our desires, and the fase self is presided over by the ego.

The false self is an historical construct to do alienated work and have alienated sex.

The true self has a chance with the birth of every new born baby before external forces smother the true self and leave the the false self behind.

False selves are half mad, driven creatures made to serve the military, industrial complex.

But worse, false selves gather together to prove to one another that they are normal and to police anyone seeking to find their true self.

While our greatest, deepest and truest love affair is with our true self.

And be true to thyself, and it follows night the day, thou canst not be false to any man.
    True!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Without the False Self, there would be no True Self.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The true self is the whole damn package. The you you express yourself in the external world is no less you than than your unfiltered impulses and desires. The external, millitary, commercial, or familial irrevocably and indelibly shapes your core. To fight against something is just as defining as to conform to it, you end up being tied to it in an intimate way.

But doesn't the self only become false when it feels coerced or impeded? And true only when it's allowed to be free and nurtured? The former breads dissent, the later encourages symbiosis?

Unless you take the Buddhist approach in that all associations are considered a form of illusion, a result of our ego, which is supposed to be how we create association with the world. I see a problem there though because without some form of association we are essentially nothing. I don't understand Buddhism, frankly.

Do you know Victor that what I've come to determine is my "true self" might be one that is not present with the world? For you to try and say absolutely what each of us should come to see as our true self is to lose rhetorical credibility.

I suppose, but I could see an alternative viewpoint very easily.
    True selves gather together to show to one another that they are normal and to help others seek to find their true self.
    'show' can be equatable to prove, depending on your perspective.
    'help others' can be equatable to policing, depending on your perspective.

It's very hard for me to distinguish between your quote and mine when regarding people. I can see both aspects happening at the same time in people, even. sakfjldsgjdslakjfldsa....

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

The ego is necessary. It works on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    The ego is necessary. It works on your behalf.
    The ego and the soul are marriage partners, but trouble brews when one, fuelled by over-weening ambition, seeks to dominate the other.

They need to recognise they are equals and that they need to talk to one another. It does no good fighting because both loose.

And they need never be lonely because they have each other.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The true self is the whole damn package.
    Right. It's not just the pleasant things.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639