User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    But it's only a little delusion along with putting "sweet" in my name to enhance the sweetness of it all.

And indeed you are the sweetest delusion of all, but more sweet than delusion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I am for other people, therefore I am to other people... you can't see the entire picture from the inside any better than you can from the outside
    True, but does self-reporting destroy the credibility of a self-reporting indicator because somehow the outside part of the picture is more important than the inside one in the taking a picture of one's insides?
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    True, but does self-reporting destroy the credibility of a self-reporting indicator because somehow the outside part of the picture is more important than the inside one in the taking a picture of one's insides?
    Yes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

I'm not Trunks

No, at some level not really accurate. I like to do my own research, at the same time I can discover lot of things which are very interesting to learn.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Issue with online tests. If they are looking at where individual X fits in relation to the score cloud of 'the average population' is that you can't really standardize them.
    Basically if the scores are defined as '1 is average' 0 is the lowest and 2 is the highest (for example) you wouldn't be reproducing the initial conditions the test was taken in assuming that the test makers were careful to have a representative sample of the studied population and some controlled environment, which the internet certainly isn't. So solving the problems\answering the question in the same way on paper shouldn't necessarily lead to the same 'score'\result
    So now if u want to average the scores and score ppl relative to other people to correct for the influence of the test taking environment the test takers and makers have to remember that the population of ppl looking for online tests is certainly NOT representative of the general population. So you face a double issue of a non controlled test taking environment and the inability to correct for this effect by giving test results relative to any representative sample of the studied population (except if u want the studied population to be 'people who found that test')
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFP

Thanks for the replies! Hmm It's just, I've become quite a bit addicted to these tests and some.. okay most of them I scored high on. Maybe I should just suck it up and go see a professional or whatever, but I don't know. I'm extremely fickle minded and I do have issues with psychologists/psychiatrists. I feel that they don't really care. I mean, whether or not they listen they get paid either way. This is my own biased opinion of course. I've been to 2 different ones when I was younger, they gave me meds right off the bat. I wasn't even of legal age at the time. Btw do those things have side effects when taken by a minor?

Also, I wanted to know whether I score high or low on any specific test, could it be considered a basis for me on whether or not I go see a professional?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Hmm It's just, I've become quite a bit addicted to these tests and some.. okay most of them I scored high on. Maybe I should just suck it up and go see a professional or whatever, but I don't know. I'm extremely fickle minded and I do have issues with psychologists/psychiatrists. I feel that they don't really care. I mean, whether or not they listen they get paid either way. This is my own biased opinion of course. I've been to 2 different ones when I was younger, they gave me meds right off the bat. I wasn't even of legal age at the time. Btw do those things have side effects when taken by a minor?

Also, I wanted to know whether I score high or low on any specific test, could it be considered a basis for me on whether or not I go see a professional?
    Many times, doctors won't diagnose (or will at least resist diagnosing) certain things if a patient is below a certain age, so for those things a test may be misleading. I'm not sure what you mean by side effects though.

If something in a test result worries/bothers you, it can't hurt to see a professional about it. Plus, taking a test administered by a professional allows them to interpret your results, which makes the test more useful overall.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    there are a lot of delusional people out there...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett