User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. #21
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Yeah, its just states of mind and perception. How can you say if someone that is driven isnt sub-consiously desperate and vice versa. I think its to "abstract" for an S type
    well, describing definitives for an emotion is rather difficult as only one person... were I everybody it would be much easier to generalize
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #22
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    desperation: running from
    drive: running toward
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    desperation: running from
    drive: running toward
    I was taught never to run toward a parked car...this was in the form of explaining why certain dogs faces look like they had been smashed

    Or that if you dont run you are more likely to get run over


    ...know your battles.
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #24
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I was taught never to run toward a parked car...this was in the form of explaining why certain dogs faces look like they had been smashed

    Or that if you dont run you are more likely to get run over


    ...know your battles.
    yeah but that's temperance and lies outside of the desperation vs drive problem
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  5. #25
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    there is much shrugging in this thread


    lol

    I'm liking the suggestion that it's called desperation when you're failing and drive when you're succeeding.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yeah but that's temperance and lies outside of the desperation vs drive problem
    I thought it was only temperance when you get mad at the car because you ran into it? Or you run into a parked car purposely because your mad. I would normally call it stupidity, not temperance...but to each there own
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #27
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,540

    Close Wrapped Souls or Unfurled Sails in the Roaring Forties?

    We all live lives of quiet desperation.

    We are close wrapped souls manipulating each other in the hope of finding a soul mate.

    Our souls will never unfurl like the sails of Clippers, catching the Roaring Forties across the bottom of the world to safe harbour in Hobart Town.

  8. #28
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I thought it was only temperance when you get mad at the car because you ran into it? Or you run into a parked car purposely because your mad. I would normally call it stupidity, not temperance...but to each there own
    See, if you had displayed temperance in interpreting what I said you would have realized that the fact that temperance might be required doesn't mean it is applied just like the fact that your engine needs oil doesn't automatically mean that you have oil in your tank
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #29
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Can desperation drive someone?
    Can the driven act out of desperation?

    I guess for me, being driven is about accepting suffering and failure to reach goals; being desperate would be my aim when I want to reach goals without suffering and failure.
    I suppose those that are driven, learn success from their failures; and those that are desperate, learn failure from their successes.

    I think I don't want to learn how to fail; so I try very hard not to be desperate; I believe most people do as well.


Similar Threads

  1. [sp] What is the difference between so/sp and sp/so?
    By Turtle in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 02:52 PM
  2. What is the difference between SFP art and NFP art?
    By PikUpYourPantsPatrol in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 09:24 PM
  3. [ENFJ] What is the difference between ENTJ and ENFJ?
    By yenom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO