User Tag List

First 12345 Last

SingSmileShine

Anger. I love my outbursts, as much as I hate to admit that. I feel quite powerful when voicing my opinions, which are very moral, at people who are not following them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Most satisfying: Protective affection, and also justified/productive anger, the kind that actually changes a person's attitude and gets something accomplished. I like both of these because they make me feel strong and benevolent. Sometimes I can express them both at once, and feel like an avenger of wrongs and doer of justice.
    Least satisfying: Unjustified/unproductive anger, the kind that should never be expressed, and can lead you to lose friends.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Most satisfying = wonder. It combines a sense of peace, fascination, and insight. For me it is the truest form of happiness. It is the feeling of most fully comprehending what is beyond me.
    I agree with all of this -- except for the expression factor. Although wonder is one of my favorite emotions, for the same reasons you listed, I'm not sure if I've ever really expressed it, in the sense of the word that I can understand. Maybe it's my inferior Fi, but when I've tried to explain my sense of wonder to people, I could never do it justice.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Most satisfying = wonder. It combines a sense of peace, fascination, and insight. For me it is the truest form of happiness. It is the feeling of most fully comprehending what is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Same for me: wonder, awe, amazement. I enjoy seeing something new, having my horizons broadened in unexpected ways. This combines learning, appreciation, and a new perspective relative to the every-day and familiar.
    and same for me. i wouldn't call it a serene feeling - it's often intense, more like being struck down by an internal mini-lightning. but it is the most satisfying emotion out there. it makes me understand how much meaning is there in every second of our waking lives, including mine (despite the dampened moods that may make everything look dull, monotonous and not quite worth it). and it is cleansing - like shedding an old shell of sorts and emerging as a completely new being, with a different outlook on the world and a different sense of connection to it.

i would have named joy and gratitude, too, but it would seem that they are secondary to that sense of awe and would be impossible without it.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

It's a tie between: admiration, relief, exhaustion, pride, and sadness.
    The only emotion I really don't enjoy is anger.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Most fun: Joy, humor and sillyness

Least fun: apathy or annoyedness and irritation as those are just emotions that make me feel closed minded and trapped in my own mind.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    It's a tie between: admiration, relief, exhaustion, pride, and sadness.
    The only emotion I really don't enjoy is anger.
    You find sadness to be more satisfying than anger? I find this so interesting. Is it because of the consequences of anger, versus the consequences of sadness?

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    You find sadness to be more satisfying than anger? I find this so interesting. Is it because of the consequences of anger, versus the consequences of sadness?
    No, sadness is simply more relieving, you feel better after some genuine sadness- like when you're nauseated and you vomit and then you feel wonderful after. I don't get that with anger. I just have to wait for it to cool down or go to bed.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No, sadness is simply more relieving, you feel better after some genuine sadness- like when you're nauseated and you vomit and then you feel wonderful after. I don't get that with anger. I just have to wait for it to cool down or go to bed.
    Oh, this makes sense! Ok. I wonder if it's function- or type-related. Because I feel the same catharsis with anger, and zero of the catharsis with sadness. If I watch movies, or listen to music, or read a book, that is painfully sad and possibly makes me sad, i just end up feeling more sad, and have a hard time raising my spirits afterwards. Whereas, listening to music or watching movies etc with massive explosions of RAGE is one of the most beautifully cathartic things for me. (I'm not really sure why this is -- but it's part of the reason why, if a movie has made me cry, I will never, ever watch it again.)

Here's an example, in the form of a conversation I had with someone about music.
    INFP Friend: Do you listen to Regina Spektor?
    Me: Nah, man. Listening to her is like being dragged into a room with no windows and no doors and being beaten over the head with the worst human emotions, for over an hour. It's kind of traumatic.
    INFP Friend (looking confused): Traumatic? Really? But you listen to such intense music.
    ^ My version of "intense" was intensely sad, e.g. Regina Spektor (and sometimes Amanda Palmer), whereas her version of intense is some of the hard rock and metal that I listen to -- which has exactly the same feeling of black-box intimacy, only with anger instead of sadness.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh, this makes sense! Ok. I wonder if it's function- or type-related. Because I feel the same catharsis with anger, and zero of the catharsis with sadness. If I watch movies, or listen to music, or read a book, that is painfully sad and possibly makes me sad, i just end up feeling more sad, and have a hard time raising my spirits afterwards. Whereas, listening to movies or watching movies etc with massive explosions of RAGE out of a character is one of the most beautifully cathartic things for me. (I'm not really sure why this is -- but it's part of the reason why, if a movie has made me cry, I will never, ever watch it again.)

Here's an example, in the form of a conversation I had with someone about music.
    INFP Friend: Do you listen to Regina Spektor?
    Me: Nah, man. Listening to her is like being dragged into a room with no windows and no doors and being beaten over the head with the worst human emotions, for over an hour. It's kind of traumatic.
    INFP Friend (looking confused): Traumatic? Really? But you listen to such intense music.
    ^ My version of "intense" was intensely sad, e.g. Regina Spektor (and sometimes Amanda Palmer), whereas her version of intense is some of the hard rock and metal that I listen to -- which has exactly the same feeling of black-box intimacy, only with anger instead of sadness.
    Yeah, I was actually thinking it could be type related, or even related to emotions that you are "used" to feeling and having adjusted to it better.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Deep love. Its so rare to feel and be free to express honestly.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism