• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What about yourself do you seek to revise?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am currently working on controlling my preoccupation with my faults and in place of that preoccupation, fostering a healthy self-image; in doing this, I am reducing my anxiety. I am learning to recognise negative thoughts immediately, and to replace them with positive action, because negativity raises my blood pressure and makes me nonproductive and destructive at worst. This is getting much easier for me... over the past few months I have felt more balanced than ever, and I think that my effort to be more of a positive person has paid off by becoming almost second-nature.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Trying to work on befriending my anxiety. On Sunday night I imagined my anxiety to be a person that I've been an asshole to for way too long. I started crying a little and decided I was going to make a real effort to make friends with this guy. At the end of the night I started to see how it's really me who has the problem, not so much him. Anyway, we're hanging out tomorrow and getting frozen yogurt.

:)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indecision- I can't help but to see the positives and negatives of all of the options presented and this leads me to have a bit too much difficulty in choosing which one is the best pick.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
As I mention somewhere in an INFJ Enneagram thread, I am really working on my tendency to be a silent (and sometimes not so silent) drama queen. I thought I was above all that, and then I found that my opinions and emotions are quite histrionic.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not worry so much about what others think, and not blow small things out of proportion.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To achieve self-sustaining income and perhaps have means left over to contribute to support family.

And I would like to lose five pounds and take vitamins and eat jello to procure better hair. Mine is really fine and somewhat curly which makes it wispy and fuzzy. I'm like a friggin fraggle.

fraggle.jpg

Actually it might be a more realistic goal to attempt to more perfectly resemble the fraggle.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Good for you Dana, I'm happy for you.

Admittedly, it took years of observation and experience, while remaining objective, to see that the world is pretty much balanced between postive/negative. It also took reevaluating my somewhat stubborn view of "reality" and "safety" in it. Thus, I made a decision some time ago to focus on the positive aspects for the comfort and peace they bring. That doesn't mean I ignore the negative. I will address it when necessary. I never forget it exists in equal measure. I just choose not to focus on it. And, you're so right, doing that affects all areas of my life. Like attracts like... I choose for that to be positive.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Believe... I need to work on believing... myself among other things. I've been a leaf travelling wherever the river takes me for far too long.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing. I seek to accept.

Namaste,
Ian

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm not even sure if I want to change this, because it's both fundamentally important to staying sane but also fundamentally debilitating. I look at every task I am given and I totally filter it and read it and dissect it to figure out if it is a worthwhile, constructive task that will prove rewarding and useful. A lot of things (such as many school assignments) fail this filteration and I have a very difficult time completeing the task. I have little problem imagining a way to improve the task to turn it into something that would be more constructive both ot me as a person and to the goal of the assignment itself. In other words, I'm idealistic and the world is realistic :doh:

I'm not sure if thats worth revising though... to ignore that instict seems nearly self-destructive, it feels like I would become robotic in function without it, and it would take away from the incredible satisfaction one gets when they find and complete a task that really is useful and constructive. It feels like either evalutate everything and get few tasks done (unless of course, its the kind of task where it is reasonably possible to alter it to work better), or get everything done and go insane. I suspect that even getting things done would be met with a similar sens eof stagnancy as not getting things done, because I really need to value the work I'm doing to do my best. This ones a real doozy.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I wish I didn't put so much trust in my intuition. For example, I remember once watching two guys play chess and after a couple games I got a feel for how they would move so then when one guy moved his rook to a wrong place I instantly realized that he could have won the game in two moves based on how I felt the other guy would have moved. I exclaimed out loud, "Oh, you coulda won in two moves" without thinking and they both thought I was nuts and demanded, to my embarrassment, that I show them how. Of course I couldn't make the guy continue playing the way he had under those conditions so there was no possible way I could put him in checkmate in two moves. But it is intuitive statements like those that get me into the most trouble.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Eradication to do list:

- self doubt
- indecisiveness
- procrastination

All of it boils down to fear, really.

heart

heart on fire
I am not so much wanting to do anyway with my inner critic and with self doubt and all that so many have brought up but what I want is clarity on when it is a valid criticism, something that needs work and something I can improve and then to be able to have a more impersonal reaction to it, just to be able to say "Okay this is a valid point, I could improve in this area and I could take reasonable, gradual steps to do so." without having it be some big end of the world type feeling. I want to work with my inner critic and stop hearing it in such negative tones. To make it an ally rather than an enemy.

It is important to know one's limitations as well as one's strengths so I don't want to shut off self doubt just to know when it is a reasonable and valid self doubt or criticism. It seems to be so hard to see self clearly, either it is something hidden with ego or it comes out so all or nothing extreme. This what I want to improve. To have a more impersonal view of myself and to face myself in truth.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
You would never have thought...

My behavior on this forum is practicing what I need to improve regarding social skills. The initiative, cockiness, joking around, argumentativeness, annoying behavior, and attention-whoring. In real life, I am the exact opposite, but my all-around INTJness has been kept the same.

I want to improve Si, Se, and understand my Ni more.

ygolo

My termites win
I want to be more creative.

Not in the, "oh isn't that clever" way necessarily....
Nor, necessarily, in the "creative problem solving" or "out-of-the-box thinking" :sick: way

I want to be creative in a deeply satisfying, "this is what is in me, this is what I wanted to bring about" way.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Nothing really, I'm fucking great

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't seek to revise but I seek to improve lots of things about myself both physically and mentally. :)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Hunt down the remaining demons from the past, chase 'em down, deal with it, subdue them, banish them. Taking control of my own mind. I'm most of the way there, but there are still some pesky little buggers hiding in the corners.