User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    infp

I'm not even sure if I want to change this, because it's both fundamentally important to staying sane but also fundamentally debilitating. I look at every task I am given and I totally filter it and read it and dissect it to figure out if it is a worthwhile, constructive task that will prove rewarding and useful. A lot of things (such as many school assignments) fail this filteration and I have a very difficult time completeing the task. I have little problem imagining a way to improve the task to turn it into something that would be more constructive both ot me as a person and to the goal of the assignment itself. In other words, I'm idealistic and the world is realistic

I'm not sure if thats worth revising though... to ignore that instict seems nearly self-destructive, it feels like I would become robotic in function without it, and it would take away from the incredible satisfaction one gets when they find and complete a task that really is useful and constructive. It feels like either evalutate everything and get few tasks done (unless of course, its the kind of task where it is reasonably possible to alter it to work better), or get everything done and go insane. I suspect that even getting things done would be met with a similar sens eof stagnancy as not getting things done, because I really need to value the work I'm doing to do my best. This ones a real doozy.

MBTI
    OMNi

I wish I didn't put so much trust in my intuition. For example, I remember once watching two guys play chess and after a couple games I got a feel for how they would move so then when one guy moved his rook to a wrong place I instantly realized that he could have won the game in two moves based on how I felt the other guy would have moved. I exclaimed out loud, "Oh, you coulda won in two moves" without thinking and they both thought I was nuts and demanded, to my embarrassment, that I show them how. Of course I couldn't make the guy continue playing the way he had under those conditions so there was no possible way I could put him in checkmate in two moves. But it is intuitive statements like those that get me into the most trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Eradication to do list:

- self doubt
    - indecisiveness
    - procrastination

All of it boils down to fear, really.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

heart on fire

I am not so much wanting to do anyway with my inner critic and with self doubt and all that so many have brought up but what I want is clarity on when it is a valid criticism, something that needs work and something I can improve and then to be able to have a more impersonal reaction to it, just to be able to say "Okay this is a valid point, I could improve in this area and I could take reasonable, gradual steps to do so." without having it be some big end of the world type feeling. I want to work with my inner critic and stop hearing it in such negative tones. To make it an ally rather than an enemy.

It is important to know one's limitations as well as one's strengths so I don't want to shut off self doubt just to know when it is a reasonable and valid self doubt or criticism. It seems to be so hard to see self clearly, either it is something hidden with ego or it comes out so all or nothing extreme. This what I want to improve. To have a more impersonal view of myself and to face myself in truth.

MBTI
    istp

perspective... i crave it

MBTI
    JIxT

You would never have thought...

My behavior on this forum is practicing what I need to improve regarding social skills. The initiative, cockiness, joking around, argumentativeness, annoying behavior, and attention-whoring. In real life, I am the exact opposite, but my all-around INTJness has been kept the same.

I want to improve Si, Se, and understand my Ni more.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

I want to be more creative.

Not in the, "oh isn't that clever" way necessarily....
    Nor, necessarily, in the "creative problem solving" or "out-of-the-box thinking" way

I want to be creative in a deeply satisfying, "this is what is in me, this is what I wanted to bring about" way.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Nothing really, I'm fucking great
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't seek to revise but I seek to improve lots of things about myself both physically and mentally.

MBTI
    INTP

Hunt down the remaining demons from the past, chase 'em down, deal with it, subdue them, banish them. Taking control of my own mind. I'm most of the way there, but there are still some pesky little buggers hiding in the corners.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.