First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I get away.

If it's the right time of year, I just leave civilization and go walking into the woods / backtrails.
    In colder weather, I can just get in the car and drive with music blasting.

Otherwise I'm stuck escaping in my head, a la Sam Lowry.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Working out helps. If you're a runner, this would be the perfect time to do so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    What I meant by that wasn't 'let yourself go crazy', but more like, quit trying to battle reality with your feelings. Just accept that bad things might be happening but they aren't the end of the world.

So rather than wrecking yourself, you say: "things are bad, & that's that for now." & then you watch while life goes on.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVLyB0Yc6I&feature=related"]sometimes the bar eats you[/YOUTUBE]
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You could always just beat up someone smaller than you. When I'm in a bad mood, I go to a school, find a kid that looks like one of my childhood bullies and then hit him untill he stops moving.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    You could always just beat up someone smaller than you. When I'm in a bad mood, I go to a school, find a kid that looks like one of my childhood bullies and then hit him untill he stops moving.
    You see how you've become part of the problem there.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Life is droll if you don't practice good self-care. Do three deliberate things during the week to treat yourself. Works for me. I pick from the following: nap, do bikram yoga, call a good friend and ask if they will listen, read in the bathtub, write out my frustrations, and go get my hair cut and blow dried so I look nice on the outside (even if I am scowling on the inside). These help me soak in some me-time and get me snapped back to take on life.

p.s. Also: remind yourself that you are a free bird, free to do anything you want
    Last edited by Neutralpov; 01-26-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Also: remind yourself that you are free, free to do anything you want
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx

eat cookies, do belly flops, and see above (@Sigil *appreciate)

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Hmm, I probably sleep, although its not a good idea to sleep all the time or use that as a copeing mechanism because it could throw off your sleep cycle. Although however you want to call it resting and relaxing are the key, so you're not feeling overtaxed anymore. Its that taxing of your inner resources, whatever causes it, that's the issue.

For a while I thought sleep was about Jung's idea of the unconscious finding remedies and rectifying crisis people mightnt even know they were experiencing but now I think its simpler than that. Although a good dream never did anyone any harm. Even if you have a nightmare its a relief to wake up and realise it wasnt real.

I dont believe in Freud's idea that people have a finite amount of emotional resources to be spent wisely or unwisely squandered, I agree with Fromm's criticism of it that its derivative of economic philosophies rather than objective reality.

Although I also agree with Fromm's idea that a lot of people are disordered and dont know it, that the economy, popular culture, a lot of everyday things place demands on people which can be torturous because they're not in keeping with peoples true nature.

Besides this, I like to take long walks alone, I like to find places to read and good books which I can get entirely absorbed in, I like to make contact with friends and hear from friends online or in person.

NB Kant said that when life made you weary there was always hope, sleep and laughter to help.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You see how you've become part of the problem there.
    Hm, you mean instead of dealing with my own pain I just pass it on to someone else. I see...what I need is a masochist. I'm wonder if there's an app for that.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Not in any particular order.

Buy some gorgeous shoes
    Dance around the room like a maniac
    Watch an hilarious comedy
    Get out in nature
    Eat cake
    Ravage a man (preferably with his consent)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe