• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes a poster popular?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Are you sure you are an ENFP? You sound close to INFP.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
This is what an INTJ gets for augmenting feeling. Quite depressing actually. You would think they'd tolerate us a little better when we conform...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
it may be, but i what i was getting at was that confidence is irrelevant. i think ability is quantifiable, and whether someone is able to make the most of their own abilities is often only a matter of dispelling their inhibition, confidence may help with that... it doesnt, however, make them more or less able.
Fair enough. I read it with the wrong light.
the reason people will respect confidence is because it implies ability. if someone has little self doubt, it follows that their approach is tried-and-true.
Else they shouldn't be confident; with you so far.
however, this assumes that people are able to consider themselves objectively. ironically, i have found that some of the most confident people are actually those who ought to be the least confident. a fool sees thing simply, and so thinks everything is simple, and someone with low standards will more easily see themselves a success.
Ah, so everyone is a failure.
People are too confident, and can't do anything.
People are non confident, and don't try to do anything.
I like it.

and im not sure if you got the memo, but we had a new derailment mitigation system installed recently... the Edahn(c) Offtopicatron 2008
Yeah I saw an article about it on dailytech. I didn't have the heart to read it.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Non-confidence is the veil that disguises the berserk within. But one must never underestimate even the most overconfident. He may not be who he makes himself out to be.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh good. I was thinking gs would fill in the gaps I left, but sriv did it just as well.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Having one *real* friend is 1,000,000 times better than having 1,000,000 "fans".

I strongly disagree. That would mean the same as "Having one *real* friend is 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) times better than having one 'fan.' "

I think that having approximately 160 earth populations of "fans" would trounce the one *real* friend. Chances are you will be able to get a few hundred *real* friends out of that pool of one trillion; wouldn't you agree?

Solitude. :wub: The bestest friend I've ever had!!!

And you call yourself an E?

Mole

Permabanned
Grey-Green and Earnest

I like Victor to because there's something of an earnestness in his posts that I find to be fascinating. :)

I do like to be liked and of course you are quite right, I am earnest.

A little naive perhaps - earnestness shading into naivete - not quite sure what is going on - but looking - hoping to find out.

I look at you with my big, green-grey eyes - not sure whether to rush over on my little paws - half tempted to jump up - but hanging back - just a little.

Watchful - ready to play - earnest - crossing my paws - not sure whether to dash out the door - or bark - or rush around you in circles - something to eat would be nice.

Or another pat on the head - I particularly like being stroked behind the ears.

I'll even play fetch.

Can you imagine your earnest little mate with his grey-green eyes?

V.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I strongly disagree. That would mean the same as "Having one *real* friend is 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) times better than having one 'fan.' "

I think that having approximately 160 earth populations of "fans" would trounce the one *real* friend. Chances are you will be able to get a few hundred *real* friends out of that pool of one trillion; wouldn't you agree?

Exactly. Rule the masses, or have a love affair? Power or emotion? You know my answer...:vader1:

Mole

Permabanned
This is what an INTJ gets for augmenting feeling. Quite depressing actually. You would think they'd tolerate us a little better when we conform...

They promise us wealth, happiness even popularity - if only we would conform.

But when we try to fly, they let us fall to earth.

V.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Why think of Night when you offer me a so much better example? :)

This is true, although perhaps not in the spirit in which it was delivered. ;)

Nocapszy is one of my favorite pens.

He's armed with far greater mettle at his young age than I've as his elder.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Smart ass. :rolli:

And you call yourself an E?

Are you sure you are an ENFP? You sound close to INFP.
I am most definitely an ENFP, lol. I believe that we are considered to be the most introverted of extroverted types, and that would certainly be applicable to me.

I've stuck out as being "a very extroverted girl" my entire life. But that is just a reflection of my high energy levels and my tendency to participate in groups and engage people, and ideas.

But since around puberty I've been steadily spending more time engaging myself and my ideas more than I have been with other people.

I *enjoy* my own company and often prefer spending *quality* time with myself to spending *mediocre* time with someone else.

:happy:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
But can you handle your own energy all by yourself?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
But can you handle your own energy all by yourself?
:huh:

*dons obnoxious responsible hat*

Yeah...about popularity:

Well, popularity revolves around people and by in large people suck, therefore popularity sucks!!!

:yes:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
It's a law of nature that only sucks if you approach it personally.

You do not have to approach it personally for it to suck.

Popularity can be distracting to a highly efficient society that I dream of focused less on socializing and more on acheivement and intelligence. Therefore, society still sucks impersonally. It gives up the potential it carries. I love potential, hate stagnance.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If you wish to control with external force rather than internal flexibility, it will suck too, yes.

heart

heart on fire
You do not have to approach it personally for it to suck.

Popularity can be distracting to a highly efficient society that I dream of focused less on socializing and more on acheivement and intelligence. Therefore, society still sucks impersonally. It gives up the potential it carries. I love potential, hate stagnance.

Please keep your Te to yourself. I don't fancy being in a Te utopia anymore than a Fe one. I am with Jung in believing that group, external efforts will just drag everyone down to the lowest common, collective demoniator in that group. A billion zeros still add up to zero.

Thank you.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Please keep your Te to yourself. I don't fancy being in a Te utopia anymore than a Fe one. I am with Jung in believing that group, external efforts will just drag everyone down to the lowest common, collective demoniator in that group. A billion zeros still add up to zero.

Thank you.

I was just pointing out another variable.
It's like propaganda. Ignore the exaggeration, take the underlying point presented.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Smart ass. :rolli:

But you agree, no? :D

I am most definitely an ENFP, lol. I believe that we are considered to be the most introverted of extroverted types, and that would certainly be applicable to me.

Understood.
But given a choice, would you be around other people 24/7 for the rest of your life, or would you be in complete solitude (the last person on earth) for the rest of your life?

I would choose the latter without hesitation. But I think most E's would choose the former.