User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 166

  1. #111
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I was unpopular in school and teased quite often. I was very shy and introverted. Today I am probably still unpopular, care very little about being popular and can be extroverted in small slices. Like me, don't like me, it's your choice/loss.
    I like you Jen, though I'll admit to being suspicious of you at first because you seemed a bit too fun and nice I realized after a while though that you do genuinely care about people here and that's something to admire!

    (yeah... I'm suspicious of nice people, so what )

    I like Victor to because there's something of an earnestness in his posts that I find to be fascinating.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #112
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Ooo, I dunno Jen. I can't decide whether I like you or whether I don't. I am worried though of missing out - after all I don't want to have a loss.

    Could I perhaps like you tentatively. I was thinking I could pretend to like you then I thought you wouldn't like that. So I am kind of half way between liking you or not.

    Really just the slightest tip would push me one way or the other.

    I am precariously balanced on the cusp of like and dislike.

    Could you possibly rescue me?

    Actually I love to be rescued, so I can almost....almost.....feel myself tipping towards you.

    Catch me as I fall.

    V.
    No. *looks down at Victors crumpled up body*
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #113
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I like you Jen, though I'll admit to being suspicious of you at first because you seemed a bit too fun and nice I realized after a while though that you do genuinely care about people here and that's something to admire!

    (yeah... I'm suspicious of nice people, so what )

    I like Victor to because there's something of an earnestness in his posts that I find to be fascinating.
    Thanks, I like you too. Weird that you thought I was both fun and nice. I suppose I can be but I don't really view myself as all that "nice". Ah well whatever.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  4. #114
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    hhhmmm

    if we leave and peek in once in a while are we then popular???

    giggles

    no

    lol

    I think a lot of posters here are popular in their own way, everyone seems to have something unique and interesting to add thus making them appear popular. We all have different reasoning for liking or disliking someone and typically I like most people around here.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  5. #115
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    causing an acceptable ruckus

    people are not inclined to consider people objectively. those who take the initiative to step into the spotlight will always garner the most attention.

    people tend to respect those who voice their opinions because they think it implies confidence... this is especially true of those with abrasive opinions. most people are, apparently, unaware that how someone acts implies absolutely nothing about the person except that they partake in those actions, ultimately. consider this and one might find the attractive suddenly unattractive.


    fact of the matter is, popularity is subjective. most of those im sure many would call "popular" are not nearly as interesting to me as some of the far less boisterous posters. personally, i dont care how often you post, how loud you write, or how awesome your labido is, if you arent saying anything new my attention will be elsewhere.

  6. #116
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    causing an acceptable ruckus

    people are not inclined to question their perspective or look at people objectively. those who take the initiative to step into the spotlight will always garner the most attention.

    people tend to respect those who voice their opinions because they think it implies confidence... this is especially true of those with abrasive opinions. most people are, apparently, unaware that how someone acts implies absolutely nothing about the person except that they partake in those actions, ultimately.
    Yes exactly. There are too many variables... psyche, mood, hunger etc. Unless you know how to turn every experience and mood of a person's life into a streaming calculus equation, psychoanalysis is basically just a bunch of guesses.

    Apologize for derailment, but I wanted to expand.

    There is however, the idea that perhaps the confidence is what inspired one to voice that abrasive opinion, but like you say, it's not a definite indicator.
    we fukin won boys

  7. #117
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Yes exactly. There are too many variables... psyche, mood, hunger etc. Unless you know how to turn every experience and mood of a person's life into a streaming calculus equation, psychoanalysis is basically just a bunch of guesses.

    Apologize for derailment, but I wanted to expand.

    There is however, the idea that perhaps the confidence is what inspired one to voice that abrasive opinion, but like you say, it's not a definite indicator.
    it may be, but i what i was getting at was that confidence is irrelevant. i think ability is quantifiable, and whether someone is able to make the most of their own abilities is often only a matter of dispelling their inhibition, confidence may help with that... it doesnt, however, make them more or less able.

    the reason people will respect confidence is because it implies ability. if someone has little self doubt, it follows that their approach is tried-and-true. however, this assumes that people are able to consider themselves objectively. ironically, i have found that some of the most confident people are actually those who ought to be the least confident. a fool sees thing simply, and so thinks everything is simple, and someone with low standards will more easily see themselves a success.


    and im not sure if you got the memo, but we had a new derailment mitigation system installed recently... the Edahn(c) Offtopicatron 2008

  8. #118
    Senior Member sriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    JIxT
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    causing an acceptable ruckus

    people are not inclined to consider people objectively. those who take the initiative to step into the spotlight will always garner the most attention.

    people tend to respect those who voice their opinions because they think it implies confidence... this is especially true of those with abrasive opinions. most people are, apparently, unaware that how someone acts implies absolutely nothing about the person except that they partake in those actions, ultimately. consider this and one might find the attractive suddenly unattractive.


    fact of the matter is, popularity is subjective. most of those im sure many would call "popular" are not nearly as interesting to me as some of the far less boisterous posters. personally, i dont care how often you post, how loud you write, or how awesome your labido is, if you arent saying anything new my attention will be elsewhere.
    Now here is a man with some ideas. This is how society should work.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

    Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

    Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    INTJs don't really care who's popular. They do like someone that can say something that sparks their brain.

    Although, a semi naked avatar of some hot lusty would concievably rate better than brain candy.

  10. #120
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default Quality, not quantity.

    Having one *real* friend is 1,000,000 times better than having 1,000,000 "fans".

    Those who happen to receive a lot of attention are not necessarily the ones who are seeking it. In fact, oftentimes the opposite/reverse holds true, i.e. where a person remains more or less unnoticed or ignored by his peers despite his desperate attempts at seeking their attention.

    One cannot control the thoughts and reactions of others, and "because the crowd thinks so" does not equate to "it actually being so".

    I think it is safe to assume that most human beings desire to feel liked and more importantly, to be understood, but to what extent, and by whom? This is where you'll find the most variability amongst individuals.

    Some people are better equipped than others in accepting and embracing the fact of their aloneness.

    Solitude. The bestest friend I've ever had!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:44 AM
  2. What makes you happy?
    By CzeCze in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 01:08 AM
  3. What makes someone likable?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:45 AM
  4. What makes you more content/happy?
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 05:39 AM
  5. What makes something funny?
    By meanlittlechimp in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 08:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO