User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Talking

F is more easily accessible, that's all. Popularity is also about accessibility and a story that strikes a chord. I think whatever made that point.

Most people would rather prefer to be accepted and understood, than to be analysed, criticised and tolerated with patient resignation, isn't it?

Methinks Ne-Ti can mimicry Fe. And Ti-Ne, Fi. There's hope!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasa View Post
    what makes a popular poster?
    Their allegiance to me.

So do yourself proud and I'll put in a good word for you.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Currency here? It's language.
    Very good point. I agree.

Good language used in posts.
    Clear posts.
    Clear opinions.
    Friendliness (Fe!)
    Opinions that are mostly same as the majority's opinions.
    Good discussion skills.
    Originality,
    People who are good in manipulating will do fine everywhere.
    Ass kissing
    Totally different opinions.
    Becoming a popular poster will give you loads of new "friends" who want to be "seen" with the popular poster.
    Shocking people with posts.
    Last edited by Zergling; 04-24-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Changed to keep a split thread from forming again

Default Excuse Moi

What makes a poster unpopular?

Simply by cutting across the flow of the thread.

It is almost as easy as saying the exact opposite.

But it must arise unconsciously - if you try to do it deliberately, it comes across as clumsy.

So one doesn't try to be unpopular rather it is thrust upon one from the recesses of your soul.

Let's face it - being unpopular is soulful - while the popular are bright and shiny - all bling.

You know you have met someone who is deeply and sincerely unpopular when you take an instant dislike to them.

There is no time for thought - before you can be kind - before you can be understanding - before you can be empathic - you are flooded by instant dislike.

Of course you try to save yourself - no one likes to have an instinctive dislike for a fellow human being - but it is too late - you know, you just know, you don't like them.

At this point you can only make excuses for them and to soothe your conscience, make excuses for yourself.

We know they are a sorry excuse - and we are sorry and excuse ourselves.

Victor.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I enjoyed that post, Victor.

(I now await the inevitable flurry of OMGVICTOR! posts; now that he has admin backing he will surely become popular!)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some posts related to the "ass kissing" confusion moved here. (For anyone curious, imagine how "ass kissing" could be miswritten.)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

(I now await the inevitable flurry of OMGVICTOR! posts; now that he has admin backing he will surely become popular!)
    So it's the Admin backing that makes the popularity! The secret is out now!

I wouldn't say that I have any problem with a poster as long as they are genuine about what they are posting. I've enjoyed reading posts by a wide variety of members here- posts in different styles and about different things. To make me dislike you as a member you have to either say something that actually manages to offend me (and that takes quite an effort) and not recognize the errors of your ways or to continually annoy me by cutting out excerpts of my posts and quoting them out of context. As long as a member does not do either of those things, I generally have no problem with them whatsoever, "popular" or "unpopular."

I would say that there would be a difference between here and in real life in some aspects of popularity- in real life how you dress and who you know makes more of a difference than it does here (thankfully since I generally throw on whatever clean clothes I encounter for the day!) and personality and personability matter more here. An affable member stands to gain more here than in real life.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Default Unpopular in a Popular World

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

And I enjoyed your post, Ivy.

Perhaps we could be unpopular together - we could eschew pop music and only listen to classical - we could share the same ipod - one earphone in your left ear and the other earphone in my right ear - we would be two peas in a pod.

We could beat time together - you hearing one half of the stereo music and I hearing the other half - but together we make a whole.

We could infuriate the rest of them by denying we are unpopular - no matter how much they accused us of being in denial - we just tell them we are wholistic - between us we make one whole person.

We will drive them mad while we remain an island of sanity - unpopular in a popular world.

V.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I was unpopular in school and teased quite often. I was very shy and introverted. Today I am probably still unpopular, care very little about being popular and can be extroverted in small slices. Like me, don't like me, it's your choice/loss.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Default Catch

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I was unpopular in school and teased quite often. I was very shy and introverted. Today I am probably still unpopular, care very little about being popular and can be extroverted in small slices. Like me, don't like me, it's your choice/loss.
    Ooo, I dunno Jen. I can't decide whether I like you or whether I don't. I am worried though of missing out - after all I don't want to have a loss.

Could I perhaps like you tentatively. I was thinking I could pretend to like you then I thought you wouldn't like that. So I am kind of half way between liking you or not.

Really just the slightest tip would push me one way or the other.

I am precariously balanced on the cusp of like and dislike.

Could you possibly rescue me?

Actually I love to be rescued, so I can almost....almost.....feel myself tipping towards you.

Catch me as I fall.

V.