MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Men and women bully differently.

Men bully physically, while women bully by social exclusion.

To deal with a male bully, it is only necessary to stand up to him.

But if a women complains about social exclusion it only makes it worse.

And as female bullying operates under the radar, it is eminently deniable, and is invisible to those in authority.

And the male bully is an individual, while the female bullies are a group. And of course we need a group to effectively socially exclude the victim.

And female bullying by social exclusion is immediately emotionally painful and does long term emotional damage.

So women are perennially anxious about being socially excluded, and so to deal with their very real anxiety, in Oz we have created a Minister for Social Inclusion. For every women wants to be socially included and no woman wants to be, the odd girl out*.

*"The Odd Girl Out - the Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls", by Rachel Simmons.
    Good stuff here. Some men and women bully verbally however as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What is interesting is that social exclusion can be done non verbally by a group.

So it is not that men are physical and women verbal, no, it is that female bullying is far more sophisticated than male bullying.

Male bullying is there to be seen, while female bullying is invisible and is felt as an emotional blow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What is interesting is that social exclusion can be done non verbally by a group.

So it is not that men are physical and women verbal, no, it is that female bullying is far more sophisticated than male bullying.

Male bullying is there to be seen, while female bullying is invisible and is felt as an emotional blow.
    I have seen this

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I don't think the issue of female bullying is that it's "hidden." I think that it isn't treated with the same sense of urgency as male bullying, which is typically physical and overt. You're right that it's more sophisticated and socially-oriented. That's how men and women evolved. Let's just hope we keep evolving.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Men and women bully differently.

Men bully physically, while women bully by social exclusion.

To deal with a male bully, it is only necessary to stand up to him.

But if a women complains about social exclusion it only makes it worse.

And as female bullying operates under the radar, it is eminently deniable, and is invisible to those in authority.

And the male bully is an individual, while the female bullies are a group. And of course we need a group to effectively socially exclude the victim.

And female bullying by social exclusion is immediately emotionally painful and does long term emotional damage.

So women are perennially anxious about being socially excluded, and so to deal with their very real anxiety, in Oz we have created a Minister for Social Inclusion. For every women wants to be socially included and no woman wants to be, the odd girl out*.

*"The Odd Girl Out - the Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls", by Rachel Simmons.

I'm the verbal bully and it's rare that I have to do it, but when I do the room gets quiet (it must be a sight): I'm controlled, comical/patronizing, and intense for intimidation purposes. With extra emphasis on intense. It's rare that I cross the line into profanity or abusive name calling. I make my point, then it's out of my face and out of my space. (I have to feel provoked in a specific way.)

@Victor: Anyway, slightly off topic since I'm obviously not a man, but good post and I agree with what you said regarding female bullying. As for me, I don't socially exclude. I bring people together. Sometimes verbal bullying assists me in dealing with bullies. I know that sounds funny, but it's effective.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I only bully on the Autobahn

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SuTIR5n6oc&feature=related"]Shelby Cobra revived[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I only bully on the Autobahn

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SuTIR5n6oc&feature=related"]Shelby Cobra revived[/YOUTUBE]
    I LOVE SHELBY COBRA REVIVED!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Male bullies have an inferiority complex. Probably a small pee pee too. Thus they are "dicks" to make up for having no dick.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned

^
    Men without inferiority complexes aren't men.

I think a fair amount of bullying happens between me and my male friends...though it is always tempered.

And of the times I've gotten into fights..it wasn't about "bullying" the other person (or him bullying me). Fighting is more an adrenaline thing ime, while bullying is more psychological. No bully wants to fight..indeed, I'd imagine the perfect bully never fights.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I apparently bully men... I've made 2 cry so far this week and I was only being mean to one of the two...

what the hell men?!?
    Can we bully each other? I enjoy good banter so I won't cry, I promise.