User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Your definition of archetype:

Archetypes are primal symbols of people. These same archetypes are building blocks in determining personalities. Many individual archetypes are found in people at the same time / over a lifetime. These archetypes separately show fragments of people's unconscious minds. These archetypes combined display a large part or portion of the unconscious mind. When organized into groups of two they spell out psychological conditions. What seems random at first becomes very familiar when placed in a different context.
    doesent really fit well with Jungian view:

Quote Originally Posted by http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1465-5922.1955.00033.x/abstract
    Archetypes are understood to be the typical forms in which all experience is patterned, organized, and progressively integrated, and hence cannot be adequately described apart from the "matter" in which they are observed. Jung's differentiation of personal unconscious from collective unconscious and of reductive from synthetic analysis, is not taken to imply an absolute distinction, but to refer to different modes of description and treatment of psychological material, which special reference to either "personal" history or to "collective" forms. Individual archetypal themes are clear in certain abnormal states and particular phases of development as, for example, in some phantasies of psychotics and young children, but are most easily served in mythology. Hence, Jung has used the study of myths to amplify, understand and modify developmental processes in patients. It is important to remember, however that the myth is a complex image and is not synonymous with the archetype, by which is meant the form and not the particular contents of the image. This form is most usefully conceived, not as a static pattern, but as a progressive theme and it is the tendency to develop experience in universally typical forms which is considered to be innate.
    Archetypes doesent show fragments of the persons unconscious mind, they are much wider things, not only about person, but about all people. They show fragments of different stages of evolution of the human psyche, which manifest in people in varying stages of life. Archetypes are not about normal personality, but show in personalities of psychologically disturbed people and temporarily affect the behavior(not personality) of people in different stages of life. For example if a woman has a child, the archetype of mother will(hopefully) come into surface and affect the behavior of the woman, but its something temporary(until the child becomes adult, starts his own family etc). But if this archetype still manifests itself when it should normally wear off, its a sign of unhealthy person(mother tries to nurture an adult child and not let go of this behavior, even the "child" is already in his 40's with his own family, kids etc and doesent really need to be treated like a child anymore).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Archetypes doesent show fragments of the persons unconscious mind, they are much wider things, not only about person, but about all people. They show fragments of different stages of evolution of the human psyche, which manifest in people in varying stages of life. Archetypes are not about normal personality, but show in personalities of psychologically disturbed people and temporarily affect the behavior(not personality) of people in different stages of life.
    You contradict yourself a bit in that post.
    Archetypes form part of what Jung called the "collective unconscious" which manifests within the personal unconscious, but which he suggests are hard-wired into our psyche (i.e. environment-independent). They are perfectly normal, when adaptive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You contradict yourself a bit in that post.
    Archetypes form part of what Jung called the "collective unconscious" which manifests within the personal unconscious, but which he suggests are hard-wired into our psyche (i.e. environment-independent). They are perfectly normal, when adaptive.
    I said that they are normal in appropriate stages of life and abnormal if its pathological and doesent fit the environment and used example of abnormal vs normal mother archetype. Also personality is not about things like mother is nurturing because her kid needs nurturing. Or if you are referring to archetypes not showing fragments of the personal unconscious, im not contradicting myself with that one either, because personal unconscious = complexes and even tho archetypes manifest through complexes, what they show is evolutionary reactions to environment, not personal reactions to environment. And even tho archetypes come through complexes, its not the complex that guides the archetype, its the archetype that guides behavior trough complexes.

Do explain if you still think im contradicting myself.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

http://mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamsarchetypes.html

"Finally archetypes are the primal symbols of aspects of our own nature. By identifying with one of more archetypes we can identify our own nature."

http://www.collegetermpapers.com/vie...04143301.shtml

"The Primal Symbols of Man's Nature"

I'm not the only one who sees archetypes as being primal symbols of people

Also I'm not applying archetypes to normal people in my theory. I know archetypes are not about "normal personality." My theory doesn't deal with people without disorders. People that would be considered normal.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kimani View Post
    http://mythsdreamssymbols.com/dreamsarchetypes.html

"Finally archetypes are the primal symbols of aspects of our own nature. By identifying with one of more archetypes we can identify our own nature."

http://www.collegetermpapers.com/vie...04143301.shtml

"The Primal Symbols of Man's Nature"

I'm not the only one who sees archetypes as being primal symbols of people

Also I'm not applying archetypes to normal people in my theory. I know archetypes are not about "normal personality." My theory doesn't deal with people without disorders. People that would be considered normal.

archetypes are the structures of collective unconscious and they produce symbols, not the symbol itself, like you are saying. first quote talks archetypes as being symbols of aspects of our nature, not symbols of a person. second quote is just the title of some school work and again not saying that archetype is a symbol of a person. also your definition even about the word symbol seems off.

you really should study this bit more and use some proper sources.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

So you don't think I'm using archetypes in an appropriate way? Iv'e been promoting my concept for eight years and you are the first person to ever disagree with me about the way in which I am defining archetypes and using them.

The first quote also talks about people identifying with one or more archetypes which is what my concept is trying to get across as well.

I have developed an assessment / questionnaire

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/assessment.html

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kimani View Post
    I have developed an assessment / questionnaire

http://kimanishorter.tripod.com/assessment.html

What do you see as the MBTI correlations?

Not surprisingly, I got the designer.

Yay, another label to add to my sig.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

The Charmers are all going to be extraverted types. They are entjs, estjs and estps. The Professionals are enfjs, esfjs, esfps, isfps and isfjs. The Designers are all introverted types.The Designers are intps istjs, intjs and istps.