User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

it must be a lot of work to be a fulltime caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    I was mostly disappointed by the fact that the counselor told me that she couldn't get her brother to help her when she was taking care of her mom. If the communication skills she said she would teach me didn't even work for her, why bother?
    maybe this was more rhetorical on your part, but honestly i think because that's no guarantee they won't help you in some way. all situations are different and even if the skills didn't work in her situation, that doesn't mean they may not be key to effecting life-altering positive change in your situation. or, at the very least, give you a little extra smoothness on a bumpy path.

essentially i agree with all who have said there seems to be little harm in giving it a shot. good luck

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    it must be a lot of work to be a fulltime caregiver.

maybe this was more rhetorical on your part, but honestly i think because that's no guarantee they won't help you in some way. all situations are different and even if the skills didn't work in her situation, that doesn't mean they may not be key to effecting life-altering positive change in your situation. or, at the very least, give you a little extra smoothness on a bumpy path.

essentially i agree with all who have said there seems to be little harm in giving it a shot. good luck
    Thanks, skylights. There was more to it than what I wrote about. I didn't want to go into all the details. But I agree, it's worth another try.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know anything about free counseling services so I can't really give much thought on that, sorry... However I will have to agree with CrystalViolet. Paid ones kind of suck, in my opinion. I've been to two different ones, and they didn't help at all. Waste of time and money, I don't think they even really paid attention, all they wanted was for the hour to finish so they could end the session. Also, both prescribed different meds on the first session lol.