User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1

    Default The science of love

    i THINK this might go under psychology...

    some of you might enjoy this lecture

    short: http://youtu.be/x-ewvCNguug
    long: http://youtu.be/KFmp3D1CZ14



    there are more talks from her in related videos.

  2. #2
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Wait I answer with an ambiguos response:

    Oh no, (eff)F (that) stuff

    Hmm that didnt quite work :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #3

    Default

    Lol sils Your oscar wilde quote leads me to believe you'd appreciate the lectures.

  4. #4
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Ahhh Wooow. That was amazing.
    I kept thinking she was about to cry... it clearly was an emotional experience.


    "Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life."
    - Merle Shan
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  5. #5
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Lol sils Your oscar wilde quote leads me to believe you'd appreciate the lectures.
    I am a man ! I'ld never admit that I could have a romantic streak

    One very important thing she said is that the content of the things you say or do, in the process of falling in love, matters only 7%. This is a at the same time important and fatalistic vision of things. On the one hand you'ld find it animalistic or not very intellectual if people fall for each other without paying much respect to a personalities content. On the other hand you could get into the danger of neglecting content because you respect its unimportance and by that effictively ruin it for you to have a long-lasting relationship because you dont care for your partner.

    I think a good conclusion is that the way you are is defined via the content of your personality. So that 7% are actually only words and their random interconnection, while the other 93% are your personality showing thru your actions, behaviour and self.

    As a Fe user my greatest ambition in finding ms. right was always to find someone whose love is authentic. Authenticity in that regards I only measured thru personal feelings, if it "feels right". Why this was my greatest ambition directly results from the fact that I know how easy it is to fake a personality and make someone fall in love with you, by twisting and turning the right knobs. Having this unwanted talent, has resulted in me having a high aversion against superficiality or empty sentiments the general public would call essential for love. It has resulted in me falling in love in a rather uncommon way, with a lot of ups and downs and making the whole experience not like a romantic movie you could show to a more unaspiring audience, but into a realistic experience. Yet exactly that has made it possible for me to fall in love at all and its the reason why I like Oscar Wilde. Cause he has a knack for saying the bald truth.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Love I think is something that is the offspring of knowledge, like when we have more of an understanding, then we can better see and appreciate the essential qualities of things.

    Love also I think is more than that, but knowledge nonetheless may promote the growth of love.

    Love, at the deepest level, seems to be about faith and happiness, having hopes that we can make a better world and be free.

    The power to heal is within the hearts of us all!

Similar Threads

  1. The science of heartlessness
    By Vasilisa in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
  2. [Other] The Language of love
    By lightsun in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 08:19 PM
  3. The idea of love? *facepalm
    By Ming in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO