• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The science of love

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Wait I answer with an ambiguos response:

Oh no, (eff)F (that) stuff

Hmm that didnt quite work :/ :D

clandestine

Lol sils :laugh: Your oscar wilde quote leads me to believe you'd appreciate the lectures.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahhh Wooow. That was amazing.
I kept thinking she was about to cry... it clearly was an emotional experience.

"Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life."
- Merle Shan

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Lol sils :laugh: Your oscar wilde quote leads me to believe you'd appreciate the lectures.

I am a man ! I'ld never admit that I could have a romantic streak :D

One very important thing she said is that the content of the things you say or do, in the process of falling in love, matters only 7%. This is a at the same time important and fatalistic vision of things. On the one hand you'ld find it animalistic or not very intellectual if people fall for each other without paying much respect to a personalities content. On the other hand you could get into the danger of neglecting content because you respect its unimportance and by that effictively ruin it for you to have a long-lasting relationship because you dont care for your partner.

I think a good conclusion is that the way you are is defined via the content of your personality. So that 7% are actually only words and their random interconnection, while the other 93% are your personality showing thru your actions, behaviour and self.

As a Fe user my greatest ambition in finding ms. right was always to find someone whose love is authentic. Authenticity in that regards I only measured thru personal feelings, if it "feels right". Why this was my greatest ambition directly results from the fact that I know how easy it is to fake a personality and make someone fall in love with you, by twisting and turning the right knobs. Having this unwanted talent, has resulted in me having a high aversion against superficiality or empty sentiments the general public would call essential for love. It has resulted in me falling in love in a rather uncommon way, with a lot of ups and downs and making the whole experience not like a romantic movie you could show to a more unaspiring audience, but into a realistic experience. Yet exactly that has made it possible for me to fall in love at all and its the reason why I like Oscar Wilde. Cause he has a knack for saying the bald truth. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love I think is something that is the offspring of knowledge, like when we have more of an understanding, then we can better see and appreciate the essential qualities of things.

Love also I think is more than that, but knowledge nonetheless may promote the growth of love.

Love, at the deepest level, seems to be about faith and happiness, having hopes that we can make a better world and be free.

The power to heal is within the hearts of us all!