User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i'm 23 and haven't figured it out either. i was really down about it earlier this year but i keep meeting more and more and more people around our ages who are in the same place. and people older than us. and people older than us who have changed life directions multiple times.

i feel like the people who get on our backs about it are the ones who have the problem, not us. why do we have to have it all figured out now? just to suit their cookie cutter model of how life should go? no, thank you. we will dance our lives to our own rhythms.
    I think I like you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Prp,
    33, and still feel like I haven't gotten out of the gate. People are like why haven't you got married, and squeezed a few kids out yet?
    Sure, I have a degree, travelled a bit, failed in a business venture....I've had interesting life, but I'm not doing things the way I should.
    Never let any one make you feel bad about your life. You are interesting, the way some people will never be following the prescribe WAY. You're cool, in a non- cookie cutter way. They are the best people IMHO.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

I was getting flack from my 27 yo old brother who has his life figured out, married has a degree going to start a vineyard. good for him, but it's like dude! I'm not you. planning to start a family in the next 6 years ect. the only goal i have is to make it to australia and new zealand in the next 5 years and all I know is I want to travel the world. How I earn money to do that, I don't have a clue
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think I like you

i'm glad we're alike. i am tired of people who have their whole lives planned out. i think we're more interesting, anyway. more room for possibility

things can change so quickly too... last spring i was single. now i am thinking i am in a relationship with someone i might just maybe be with for the rest of my life. and that scares my Pness.

why do we want to have our lives figured out anyway...? too confining...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

i'm glad we're alike. i am tired of people who have their whole lives planned out. i think we're more interesting, anyway. more room for possibility

things can change so quickly too... last spring i was single. now i am thinking i am in a relationship with someone i might just maybe be with for the rest of my life. and that scares my Pness.

why do we want to have our lives figured out anyway...? too confining...
    that's how I feel. I've always rolled with the punches but brother is like you can't be successful if you don't have goals and plan plan plan plan. I suspect he's an ENTJ or ESTJ I'm Bad at typing people
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I like this woman. I use to want to be a writer and 3 years ago I changed my mind and ever since than I've been searching
    I'm sort of on the same boat as you, though I still don't even know what I want to do. Been trying different things to see what fits. I mean, excuse me that some people already know what they want to do since birth, right?

But basically, unlike the people in their 40s and 50s, we have quite a lot of time. But, if you are ok the way you are, I don't see how that constitutes as a failure. Doing what you want to do will come.

@skylights I'm a year younger than you.

Anew Leaf

25 still no direction no degree and people being like well what have you been doing. Fine I'm a failure but do people have to point it out?
    Fi says: listen to me first and others second.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

True story:
    I used to play music with a keyboard player from NJ. He decided to change his life and drove across country to do so. He had no destination in mind. He ended up working as a janitor at the University of Montana in Missoula. He got two masters degrees there. Now he is a tenured professor and the director of the Media Arts program.
    he did all of this in his mid-40s!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    True story:
    I used to play music with a keyboard player from NJ. He decided to change his life and drove across country to do so. He had no destination in mind. He ended up working as a janitor at the University of Montana in Missoula. He got two masters degrees there. Now he is a tenured professor and the director of the Media Arts program.
    he did all of this in his mid-40s!
    that's pretty awesome
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm 28 and apparently appear to have my life together from the outside- have a job, have been with the same guy for almost 4 years, have a house... all the trappings of being an adult... and I'm completely lost

can't judge people from the outside I guess
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett