12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default Ideas or processes reforming

You, as an individual have an idea you wish to bring about and had thought about the adequate methods of dealing with particular idea and so you begin to execute action towards it. During the process, your mind ponders developing and improving the idea, or a realisation occurs of a better process thought about to achieve the initial idea.

What would you do if:
    you've gained an improved idea?
    you've thought up or found a better process to achieve the initial idea?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I would use the new idea and/or the new process in a heartbeat. In fact, I usually assume this sort of adjustment is going to be part of the process.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I would use the new idea and/or the new process in a heartbeat. In fact, I usually assume this sort of adjustment is going to be part of the process.
    Same here. When I come up with an idea, I realize I don't have (and may never have) all relevant information. I expect to get more information as the implementation unfolds. Improvements in the idea or process often result from this additional information, which might even be a chance encounter not directly related to my idea. My plans are thus often modular in design, with break points where I can reevaulate and shift gears if necessary. I do my best to anticipate likely possibilities, which usually gets most bases covered, plus providing adequate background to address the truly unexpected.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I would be a little frustrated but accept increasing clarity to be part of the idea/process- and change the idea/process to the newer better way, even if it meant backtracking a bit.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

garbage

Depends on how much time I have, really; sometimes I have to make sacrifices and implement non-ideal ideas, sometimes I have to avoid "feature-creep," etc.

This is why I start my planning very, very generally; implement that plan; then plan some more nitty-gritty; then implement that. Like Coriolis, I try to keep stuff modular, too, so that inspirations in one area don't affect the timeline of the others.

What would you do if:
    you've gained an improved idea?
    Use it.
    you've thought up or found a better process to achieve the initial idea?
    Use it.

Any other difficult questions?

MBTI
    entp

Evolution of the idea is the natural process - there is a whole field of study behind this called engineering design.

What is stopping you from accepting this? Are you too attached to the original idea?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yes, I've imagined some of the answers would give an emphasis on time and certain malleability with the processes. I suppose I'd have regarded the question to adhere to more 'difficult to change' processes which would require you to start from zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Evolution of the idea is the natural process - there is a whole field of study behind this called engineering design.

What is stopping you from accepting this? Are you too attached to the original idea?
    It's about the acceptance of changing the initial process that is being done for example:
    An individual takes a car to drive 50 miles off to a destination. 8 miles in, he realises the possibility of riding to the same destination off of a friend which would save him money on fuel. Or perhaps a train that would allow him to reach his destination at a much faster rate. Though he would have to turn back 8 miles. Would he go back and take the better possibility or would he continue on driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Yes, I've imagined some of the answers would give an emphasis on time and certain malleability with the processes. I suppose I'd have regarded the question to adhere to more 'difficult to change' processes which would require you to start from zero.
    It's about the acceptance of changing the initial process that is being done for example:
    An individual takes a car to drive 50 miles off to a destination. 8 miles in, he realises the possibility of riding to the same destination off of a friend which would save him money on fuel. Or perhaps a train that would allow him to reach his destination at a much faster rate. Though he would have to turn back 8 miles. Would he go back and take the better possibility or would he continue on driving?
    Hmm, less an idea and more a process already in implementation. In any process there will be go/no-go points at which the cost is too high to turn back (and perhaps points where it costs too much to keep moving forward as well.) What is the benefit to be gained by change and is it worth back tracking to do so.

Is the driving example, I might just be annoyed with myself, but would keep going as turing back would annoy me on a psychological level-it feels like extra work and time spent on a stupid choice to begin with.

Reliant on extent of resources already committed to the initial plan and how far it's been implemented, it's sometimes too late and costly to reverse course. So then, you carry the original plan through and then commit to phase two or more if cost/benefit weighs greatly towards benefit. Bear in mind that upheaval doesn't generate benefit in the short-term since it can and does generate staff discontent which can result in reduction of production, hence reduction in revenue.

Always have your eye on the big picture.