User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Mania

garbage

Default Mania

Manic phases kind of feel like Pac-Man to me.

[YOUTUBE="hXOFb-wflxE"].[/YOUTUBE]

It's all.. GOTTA GET THE DOTS, GOTTA GET DOTS, TURN HERE GET DOTS, OH, SHIT, GHOST GOTTA GET DOTS DOTS DOTS

DOTS
    DOTS

I went almost 48 hours without sleep and still didn't really feel tired. I managed to get some, though!

That's all. Thanks for reading.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Wow, someone is really good at pacman!

DOTS!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

lol. that's cool!

Sometimes I have subtle mania which makes me feel like a huge tree on a very windy day, moved by uncompromising force.
    Mostly it feels like I cannot contain it yet I can't express it, and like a moth trapped in a glass jar, fluttering out of breath.

MBTI
    yupp

I've never experience mania, so I can't say what it's like.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Whoa...that sounds like my day-to-day life. Maybe I'm just in a perpetual state of mania.

I gotta admit I got pretty stressed out a few times in that video. He was SO CLOSE to getting eaten!

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    4 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I can relate to the pac-man thing, when I feel hypo-manic I feel there's no limit and no ground beneath my feet, like nothing concrete can fulfill the insane drive that is so hard to satiate. Does that even make sense?
    "The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person."

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Whoa...that sounds like my day-to-day life. Maybe I'm just in a perpetual state of mania.

I gotta admit I got pretty stressed out a few times in that video. He was SO CLOSE to getting eaten!
    I was somewhat nagging one of my (pretty obvious ENTP) students about his perpetual excitement and his inability to sleep.

And then this happened to me and I now understand better how he thinks. Interesting how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by MayaBroman View Post
    I can relate to the pac-man thing, when I feel hypo-manic I feel there's no limit and no ground beneath my feet, like nothing concrete can fulfill the insane drive that is so hard to satiate. Does that even make sense?
    Yup. I'd say that it's pretty much feeling the need to continually burn off our energy. The problem, I think, is that we don't have as much energy to burn as we think we do when we're in this state.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmmm... ok so let me attempt to describe.

For me it's like a hundred voices shouting contradictory instructions and suggestions in my mind, hysterical laughter, adrenaline, a multitude of directions...pathways. Often confusion. Sometimes a single thought will take over but usually i am acting on many thoughts simultaneously. It can get very loud and can be dangerous but the danger is thrilling.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I was somewhat nagging one of my (pretty obvious ENTP) students about his perpetual excitement and his inability to sleep.
    Hahaha...I guess that's an ENTP thing, then. I kind of just thought I was a freak of nature.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've always wondered what this felt like. Thanks for sharing.