User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

it hasn't yet for me, but at the some time it could get a lot worse.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it hasn't yet for me, but at the some time it could get a lot worse.
    Keep going prpl. It does get better.

I joined this site after a break up with my fiance (about the same time as you, whatever). I think my first post was something like "I am a sorry excuse for a human being, but I can sill post on the internet :Hi:" I was depressed for a long time, and a lot of that is documented on this site. There was even a time when suicidal ideation was quite common for me.

I still feel like my mood gets the better of me quite often, and I spend an amazing amount of time sleeping. But things are definitely better than they were. I am much more clear on what I want, and who I am now, and I am making changes to better align with what I have learned.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

SingSmileShine

Honey, I'm having not-the-best-Christmas and you just brightened it up by being so genuine. You are a wonderful human being, and I admire you so much! You've got so much character and depth - that is what hardships do to us. They make us stronger, more "evolved" (as my mama puts it) people.

You are very right - everything, everything gets better. You just have to remember that. And you definitely seem to be! Nothing will get you through it like believing that. Enjoy the moment - find something you're grateful for, make a decision to just go shopping or hang out with a friend or see a funny movie. Enjoy the day. When things are at their worst, you know what I tend to do, even when I can't find something at the moment to enjoy? I tend to find something to look forward to. For example, I had a really rough few weeks, so what kept me smiling and bright was the thought of Christmas. Now that Christmas is over, and I didn't exactly have the best holiday, I'm looking forward to the next thing. And that's what I'm doing until my stress and anxiety blow over enough for me to enjoy living, and not anticipating.

You truly are an amazing human being, and I look up to you for surviving. You're not only a survivor, but you're a liver. As in, you live. You're not a liver like in someone's body. That wouldn't be good if you were the kind of liver that's in someone's system.

Lots of love and have a very happy holiday season!

(P.S. When all else fails, just watch this.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmjSE_d6J0

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

as a funny note on this thread, we were driving to the man's grandfather's house yesterday for the third of the many christmas celebrations that we attended when, for a few minutes, I felt this strong feeling of "I WANT to live"... it was strange... it was a lovely sunny day and I really just wanted to get back to LIVING, which is something that I really haven't done in years I guess. It's like I have gone through the motions of becoming a grown up and have forgotten to actually live my life along the way... or like I've forgotten to actually take care of my own living because I've either been drowning it or trying to make up for having done so by living for everyone else. what the fuck?!

I've decided to take some time out and go hiking tomorrow, even if it's just for a little bit... going back to finding myself bit by bit and day by day

thank you to those of you who have posted in this thread and the best of luck to you... it sucks, but things really do turn around
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    as a funny note on this thread, we were driving to the man's grandfather's house yesterday for the third of the many christmas celebrations that we attended when, for a few minutes, I felt this strong feeling of "I WANT to live"... it was strange... it was a lovely sunny day and I really just wanted to get back to LIVING, which is something that I really haven't done in years I guess. It's like I have gone through the motions of becoming a grown up and have forgotten to actually live my life along the way... or like I've forgotten to actually take care of my own living because I've either been drowning it or trying to make up for having done so by living for everyone else. what the fuck?!

I've decided to take some time out and go hiking tomorrow, even if it's just for a little bit... going back to finding myself bit by bit and day by day

thank you to those of you who have posted in this thread and the best of luck to you... it sucks, but things really do turn around
    Take more (short) vacations! As a fellow 7, I know what you mean - I was beginning to feel that way by the end of my master's

Anyway, your OP was really moving, it radiated sincerity and openness. If you're wondering if you're doing something out of other's expectation, chances are IMHO that you are not overdoing it.

As a final note, comparing my own life with all these stories always make me feel too normal and goody-good, so tonight maybe I want to get drunk, lol
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I love the movie Jerry Maguire. I especially love the clips of Dicky Fox.

Finding things you're passionate about in life (things that are nondestructive) is good.

[YOUTUBE="Ax4qZN1ta8Q"].[/YOUTUBE]

Things really do get better if you really want it to be better!!! Life is what you make it right . Im sorry to hear about the drama you have dealt with...I can totally relate. I have had my fair share of abusing drugs to escape, it works only temporarily and only makes life even more hellish. Its so not worth it. I'm glad that you are doing better and are being positive !! BIG HUGE HUGS!!!!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

They do if you are true to yourself and willing to learn and develop
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ReflecTcelfeR

Why would't they? Find that internal focus. Believe you impact your world, force yourself into the responsibility and prove to yourself that you can overcome.

Thanks for posting this it took a lot of honesty and guts to write. I really admire that honesty. Sometimes things get a bit rough and I get impatient for them to get better. So thank you for reminding me how things will get better....you just have to do it step by step.